Movie Review: Inferno (2016)

I’ve not read the books by Dan Brown, but I did see The Da Vinci Code and loved it.

I was hoping to get the same intense and engaging feeling as I did with The Da Vinci Code, but unfortunately Inferno lacked in many areas. From what I’ve read on other reviews. Those that read the book will be disappointed in the ending. Even though I didn’t read the book, the ending was too happy, to easy, with everything being wrapped up all nice.

I did find the overpopulation and Dante’s Inferno plot to be interesting. Dan Brown proposes an elegant solution in the form of a “plague” for the overpopulation issue, which was fascinating. Though we don’t get the overpopulation plot resolved or answered. Theirs also a little love story between Langdon and Sinsky which the movie didn’t need. I also didn’t care for the lead Actress who played Sienna. She lacked personality. As for the movie it wasn’t as intense, engaging, and pull you in as The Da Vinci Code was.

Inferno was an okay movie to watch, but it just didn’t carry the same weight as The Da Vinci Code did.

I borrowed this movie from the library.

Facebook Twitter Google+