Dragon Born Alexandria #3
Paranormal Romance - Urban Fantasy
Night Spark Media
April 23, 2016
In the aftermath of the bloodbath in London, mercenary Alex Dering is just trying to get her life back to normal—whatever “normal” is for a mage with a newly-awakened dragon side. Her latest assignment: a job for the Magic Council, the leaders of the supernatural community and the people who sentenced Alex’s kind to death.
Apparently, normal just wasn’t in the cards.
A new and mysterious supernatural threat has arrived in Munich, someone who melts buildings, summons forth armies of the dead, then vanishes without a trace. If Alex can’t catch this rampaging supernatural, tensions between humans and supernaturals might just boil over.
Magic Kingdom is book three in the Dragon Born Alexandria series by Ella Summers.
Let me start by saying you do need to read the Dragon Born World books in order to understand all the elements and things in play. They each coincide or happen after previous events.
Magic Kingdom had a dark sinister undertone. There’s an evil that is collecting fairy artifacts that can control the dead. We also learn that their are two evils in play and what their plans are.
Alex and Logan do a lot of running around in this story and are always arriving on the scene just after all the aftermath. Not much character growth in this one for Alex.
We are treated to Alex’s sister, Sierra, who comes with Kai and the Commandos for the Magic Council’s big meeting to discuss what is happening in the world. We also get to have Naomi, whom I love, and her cousin Eve and her boyfriend Max around. This gang is still investigating the missing hybrids.
Two things that bothered me:
- We don’t get to learn anything about the Dragon Born. They have a book that only a Dragon Born can read, yet we the reader and characters don’t get to learn anything. Alex and Sierra still don’t know much about their Dragon Born gifts. I really want to know more about the Dragon Born. Why did the council turn on them? What are all their gifts? etc..
- The other thing that I found weird is that Alex is having these odd dreams. What’s up with the weird dreams? It didn’t fit into the story and felt out of place to me. We never learn about them and why Alex is having them.
Magic Kingdom was an ok read. I wasn’t as enamored and into the story. It took me a while to get through this book. I just wish it had more, that my questions where answered, and that some things got better or more explanation. I’m going to take a break from this series for a while.
Rated: 3 Stars
• Mercenary Magic (Dragon Born Serafina, Book 1)
• Magic Edge (Dragon Born Alexandria, Book 1)
• Magic Games (Dragon Born Serafina, Book 2)
• Magic Nights (Dragon Born Serafina, Book 3)
• Blood Magic (Dragon Born Alexandria, Book 2)
• Magic Kingdom (Dragon Born Alexandria, Book 3)
• Fairy Magic (Dragon Born Awakening, Book 1)
• Rival Magic (Dragon Born Serafina, Book 4)
• Shadow World: A Dragon Born Trilogy
• Spirit Magic (Dragon Born Awakening, Book 2)
• Magic Immortal (Dragon Born Awakening, Book 3)
• And coming soon…Shadow Magic (Dragon Born Alexandria, Book 4)
Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads (Angela)!