Review: Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson #11) by Patricia Briggs

May 7, 2019
eBook
368
Bought

In this powerful entry in the #1 New York Times bestselling series, Mercy Thompson must face a deadly enemy to defend all she loves...

My name is Mercedes Athena Thompson Hauptman, and I am a car mechanic.

And a coyote shapeshifter.

And the mate of the Alpha of the Columbia Basin werewolf pack.

Even so, none of that would have gotten me into trouble if, a few months ago, I hadn't stood upon a bridge and taken responsibility for the safety of the citizens who lived in our territory. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. It should have only involved hunting down killer goblins, zombie goats, and an occasional troll. Instead, our home was viewed as neutral ground, a place where humans would feel safe to come and treat with the fae.

The reality is that nothing and no one is safe. As generals and politicians face off with the Gray Lords of the fae, a storm is coming and her name is Death.

But we are pack, and we have given our word.

We will die to keep it.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

Audiobooks

I love the Mercy Thompson series, so I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the latest release.

Briggs delivers yet again another amazing story in the Mercy Thompson series. She brought an action-packed tale with hate groups, black witches, friends to enemies, lose, and more.

Mercy is facing the consequences of making the Tri-Cities a safe haven. She’s also stuck having to act as liaison between the humans and fae while Adam and The Pack play bodyguards to the humans. She will have to mange many things and make some difficult choices.

We are treated to some new and old characters with The Pack and all our favorite characters come to life in Storm Cursed. We learn more about Sherwood Post. Zee is present as is Uncle Mike and the Goblin King. Even Wulfe pops in.

As always Briggs captured me. The plot is well written and action-packed. I love that we are so far into the series and it’s still going strong with each book feeling fresh. It’s a well crafted story and the author made me cringe, laugh out loud, cry, and gasp.

The Mercy Thompson series continues to grow and get better with each book. Mercy is becoming stronger, The Pack is evolving, and the world continues to build. I can’t wait for the next installment.

Rated: 4 Stars

Challenge(s) (2019):

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2019/11/review-storm-cursed-mercy-thompson-11-by-patricia-briggs