Review: Tave (The Ujal #2) by Celia Kyle as Erin Tate

April 3, 2015
eBook
289
Bought

Rina Zeret is not prepared to settle down. At least, not with a genetically selected mate. She wants true love and a happily ever after. Unfortunately, her mother has other ideas and submits Rina’s biological material—the woman’s a hairbrush thief!—to the Population Ministry to see if they can find a genetic match for her. Suddenly Rina is presented with Tave fa V’yl, Crown Prince of Ujal, High Warrior of the Ruling Caste and Earth’s greatest ally.

Her mother is going to be so happy.

Tave fa V’yl is the strongest and fiercest warrior on all of Ujal and yet he cannot deny one tiny female—his mother. When he agrees to consider taking a mate this turning, he doesn’t realize she takes things quite a bit further and finds him a woman. On Earth. Now he is presented with a woman who doesn’t want him while he cannot think of anything past his wanting of her.

Rina fights their attraction but doesn’t realize Tave fa V’yl has never lost a battle… and he will not begin with her.

Part of the UJAL series:
Vados
Tave
Rhal
The Ujal Volume One (Vados, Tave, Rhal)
Erun
Dashing Through the Stars

Goodreads

Amazon

Tave is book two in The Ujal series. It’s a quick and enjoyable read.

I like the unique factor about The Ujal in that they are mer-alines who have set up a colony on earth and helped clean up the planet.

The book isn’t long, so things do move fast. I liked Rina and Tave. Their relationship is fast and they don’t hit it off until they get over the gut punch of what their respective mothers have done. I liked the mothers. They brought some banter into the story. We do get a little suspense and danger in the relationship due to the anti-Ujal groups, but the Ujal Warriors can handle it. The world building isn’t outstanding, but we do get a little more information then we did in book one.

All and all Tave is a predictable storyline, but it was a nice quick read. One I enjoyed.

Rated: 3 Stars

Challenge(s) 2019:

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2019/10/review-tave-the-ujal-2-by-celia-kyle-as-erin-tate