Review: Magic Games (Dragon Born Serafina #2) by Ella Summers

November 30, 2015
eBook
318
Bought

Dragon Born mage Sera Dering was sentenced to death before she was even born. Condemned as an abomination by the world’s supernatural council, she has escaped her fate for twenty-four years by pretending to be human.

Until now.

When the council finds out Sera has been hiding her magic, they’re determined to find out why. They send her to New York City to compete in the Magic Games, a series of trials designed to break a mage’s mind and crack her secrets.

And the fighting pit is only one of her worries. An old enemy is stalking Sera from the shadows, preparing to make his next move. To survive the week, Sera has to trust sexy mage Kai, the world’s most powerful mage—even knowing he has his own plans for her.

Magic Games is the second book in the Dragon Born Serafina urban fantasy series.

Suggested reading order:

Mercenary Magic (Dragon Born Serafina, Book 1)
Magic Edge (Dragon Born Alexandria, Book 1)
Magic Games (Dragon Born Serafina, Book 2)
Magic Nights (Dragon Born Serafina, Book 3)
Blood Magic (Dragon Born Alexandria, Book 2)
Magic Kingdom (Dragon Born Alexandria, Book 3)
Fairy Magic (Dragon Born Awakening, Book 1)

Goodreads

Amazon

Magic Games is book two in the Dragon Born Serafina series by Ella Summers.

I like the concept of the powerful Dragon Born. I just wish more was explained on what they are and can do. Why are they put to death? etc…

We get a few twits and surprises in Magic Games, but I feel the story isn’t progressing enough. It could be; because I’m not reading the Dragon Born Alexandria alongside this one. The series co-inside.

Magic Games is a little more fast-paced then Mercenary Magic. Here we focus on the magic games which are a sequence of battles designed to crack a mage, but we don’t get an explanation of what it’s designed to crack. Her mind? Her magic? What?

Kai and Sera are not yet in a relationship, but it’s heading that way. By the end they are together. He’s helping her out and waiting for her to share her secret. I liked that Sera has a talk with her sister Alex. It gives you a little insight into what’s going on inside Sera’s mind. Then we have the ever impending secret and will it come out. It’s still safe; except from an ancient mage and his gang of bad guys.

I will say that this series reminds me of her Legion of Angels series, but instead of Angel’s we get magic and mages.

Magic Games was a fun read. I enjoyed and now onto the next.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

Challenges (2019):

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2019/09/review-magic-games-dragon-born-serafina-2-by-ella-summers