Grand Cayman Family Vacation

In May we went on vacation to Grand Cayman. This was the first time for my son and hubby to visit the Island and for me it’s been over 20+ years since I last visited. I have to say the Island sure has changed, but Seven Mile Beach is still a wonderful location to sun bath, relax, and enjoy the quite life.

We went to Cayman as a family get together. My mom’s side of the family all came and my son finally got to meet his cousins Kai and Max for the first time as well as his aunts, uncles, and great-aunts/uncles. It was a nice time for me as well since I haven’t seen my cousins in little over 7 years.

Some Tips: If you do plan on visiting Grand Cayman make sure to stay on the west side aka 7 mile beach which has the best view for sunsets, animates for food, and more. If you do plan to rent a car, they drive on the left side. It is a British owned Island. And, last when you eat or drink out the restaurants will add a 15% guarantee to the ticket. If you want to tip more you can.

First lets do a little summer drink that all those over 21 can enjoy!

Pineapple Rum Drink/Punch

To make a punch/pitcher
3 cups Canada Dry Ginger Ale
3 cups pineapple juice
1 cup Malibu Coconut Rum

What we did was just hang out at the beach (7 Mile Beach), the pool, drink, sunbath, and eat out for lunch. We had rain off and on, but the last 4 days it came down non-stop, so for an Island where every activity is outdoors it makes it hard to do much, but stay inside and just watch the rain.

Their where lots of beautiful flowers around Harbor Heights, the place we stayed at.
Mr. Crab visited us daily too.

Oh look it’s the beach!! Sand castle time.

I did get in just a little reading, while I was on vacation.

My son went snorkeling for the first time with me and his dad. With his dad it was in the rain. We also celebrated Kai’s Birthday! Last, we had our last and final meal out before everyone leaves the next day!

Our vacation was wonderful and relaxing for everyone. We had a great time with family and getting our son into the ocean for some snorkeling.

Facebook Twitter Google+