Review: Fuel for Fire (Black Knights Inc., #10) by Julie Ann Walker (DNF)

Fuel for Fire - Julie Ann Walker

July 4th 2017
Paperback
355
Library

A brooding covert operative and a spunky CIA agent discover a burning passion in the next installment of Julie Ann Walker's red-hot BKI series

Dagan Zoelner has made three huge mistakes
The first two left blood on his hands.

The third left him wondering...what if? What if he had told the woman of his dreams how he felt before his world fell apart?

Spitfire CIA agent Chelsea Duvall has always had a thing for bossy, brooding Dagan. It's just as well that he's never given her a second look, since she carries a combustible secret about his past that threatens to torch their lives...

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

iBooks

DNF’d this one at pg. 169 about 47%.

We’ve met Chelsea and Dagan in previous books. They have had this unspoken attraction to each other for years and now they are getting their story.

Fuel For Fire just isn’t pulling me in nor is it keeping my interest like, so many others in the series have. I’m not getting that all consuming pull or suspense to keep me interested.

I have really enjoyed and liked many of the Black Knights Inc. series…up until now. This wasn’t what I was expecting for Dagan and Chelsea. I just didn’t care for the writing direction. We are inundated with pop culture references. Also with memories from Chelsea; where every sentence she thinks (utters) about her dad, her mom, her mom and dad, and on and on it went. It made it hard to stay connect and focus on what was actually happening. The books just aren’t what they use to be when the series started. We are close to the the end of the series and Full For Fire is the third to the last book in the series; which is wrapping up this long standing storyline on finding out who Spider is.

What made me stop and say no more was Chelsea’s BIG SECRET that she has kept for years that has something to do about Afghanistan and why Dagan was fired from the CIA. I’m not sure why she’s kept it, but at the beginning when it all happened it was because she was thinking about herself, her mom, and their family home. Now well she wants to tell him this secret before they go further aka try for a relationship. When she tries to tell Dagan, he says not now – all I want is you naked. I’ve waited so long to have you in my arms and all I want is you. So what does she do? She resigns herself to having this one time sexy fling with him by saying it’s ok; because she’s giving him what he wants; because last time she thought all about herself and her mother first. AHHHH!!!! This secret she knows will change things. Who knows how or what it really is, but to sleep with him before telling him. NOOOO!!! I threw my hands in the air, shook my head, yelled, and almost threw the book. I closed it at that point and said no more. I can’t keep reading. So here we are DNFing a book in the Black Knights Inc. series. I had some other issues, but this was the main issue that had me throwing in the towel.

Fuel For Fire was not the book for me. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

Challenge (2018): Library Love

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2018/04/review-fuel-for-fire-black-knights-inc-10-by-julie-ann-walker-dnf