Review: Heart on Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #3) by Amanda Bouchet

January 2nd 2018
Paperback
320
Bought

The riveting conclusion to the Kingmaker Chronicles.

Who is Catalia Fisa?

With the help of pivotal figures from her past, Cat begins to understand the root of her exceptional magic, her fated union with Griffin Sinta, and Griffin's role in shaping her destiny.

Only Cat holds the key to unlocking her own power, and that means finally accepting herself, her past, and her future in order to protect her loved ones, confront her murderous mother, and taking a final, terrifying step--reuniting all three realms and taking her place as the Queen of Thalyria.

What doesn't kill her will only make her stronger...we hope.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Heart on Fire concludes the Kingmaker Chronicles series by Amanda Bouchet

I was hooked on the Kingmaker Chronicles series from the moment I read the first page of A Promise of Fire and each additional book has been a delight. I’m sad to see it end and I’d love to see a spin-off, because their are so many wonderful characters that have potential to do their own stories.

Heart on Fire starts right where Breath of Fire ends. So their is no time wasted in getting us back into the story and the coming war to deiced the fate of the lands. We are taking on an adventure, full of heart-break, enlightenment, and hope.

The book opens us to a very heart-breaking moment of betrayal that changes the lives of the Sinta family. For Griffin family is everything and to have one of your own betray you. Well, that leaves an everlasting impress on everyone. Cat has grown as a character and in Heart on Fireshe has several realizes and enlightened moments, where she realizes her destiny, and that she is the personification of Hope for everyone.

Their is a lot more talking then action in this installment. It slowed things down a little for me. Everything has been leading up to Cat’s destiny. War is coming and not everyone will survive the war. I will say the ending battle happened with very little fanfare. I’m spoiled with the Andrews team and how they write their battle scenes, so I was a bit let down with how the whole ending battle turned out. It wasn’t written bad. It just didn’t have all the action-packed battle I was hoping for. Thou we do get some action battle scenes earlier in the book.

I have loved the friendships made with all the secondary characters we meet. I’m hoping we get spin-offs for several of the secondary characters. Their are so many wonderful possibilities and story threads to explore with all of them. Some things where left open on the secondary characters, so it gives me hope we might be returning to the Kingmaker world.

Heart on Fire is packed full of adventure going from one situation to another with no chance of letting go. I couldn’t stop reading and just kept turning the pages to see what would happen next.

To wrap it up, Heart on Fire, was a splendid read and a nice conclusion. I’m happy to see Cat and Griffen have a good ending. The whole series has been entertaining, the friendships and romance have been pleasurable, and the new world created by Bouchet is marvelous. All of this combined together gives us a fantastic new fantasy romance.

Rated: 4 Stars

** You do need to read the Kingmaker Chronicles in order.

Check out my reviews for The Kingmaker Chronicles:

1. A Promise of Fire – 4.5 Stars
  2. Breath of Fire – 4 Stars

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2018/04/review-heart-on-fire-kingmaker-chronicles-3-by-amanda-bouchet