ARC Review: How to Claim an Undead Soul (Beginner’s Guide to Necromancy #2) by Hailey Edwards

How to Claim an Undead Soul - Hailey Edwards

December 15th 2017
eBook
305
ARC Review Copy

Life was simpler for Grier when she was flat broke and a social pariah. Now she's carrying the baggage that goes along with the title of Dame Woolworth, and shouldering that weight is giving her a serious crick in the neck. Her work as a Haint is the one thing that makes her feel normal, but even that's more paranormal than usual.

Spirits are vanishing from well-known hot spots on the ghost tour circuit, and vampires are turning up as shriveled husks. When Grier stumbles across the menace preying on Savannah's supernatural community, what she uncovers is bigger than a few flickering lampposts gone dark. It's a deadly threat unleashed by one of their own, and the cost of saving her city might be her life.

Goodreads

Amazon

How to Claim an Undead Soul is book two in the Beginner’s Guide to Necromancy by Hailey Edwards.

This series is one you do need to read in order. Each book builds on the previous one.

Grier has been through a lot in her life and theirs still more hardships, trills, and heartache in store for her.

I had to remember a few details about what happened in book one. It took me a moment to get back into the swing and the story, but once I did I enjoyed How to Claim an Undead Soul. We get moment in the story and theirs a mystery to solve in regards to ghosts disappearing and no one knows why. The author gives us more developments; from Grier, from her love interests, from her powers, and more. I enjoyed the twist in the plot and had a delightful time with the story.

As for Grier’s relationships. I’m not a fan of adding in a new man to via for her attentions, but we see a competitor possibly rising up. Grier has the hots for Boaz and I’d like to see the underdog get the girl, but that love angle is still undecided even though Boaz is finally waking up and realizing Grier is what he wants. Then we have Linus who is their to help Grier learn about her powers, but he’s also their for other seasons. Not everything is clear. One thing I did get is that Linus hides who he truly is and I can’t see him every truly opening and being what Grier needs, at least at this stage.

How to Claim an Undead Soul was a satisfying read.

Rating: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Hailey Edwards with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2018/03/arc-review-how-to-claim-an-undead-soul-beginners-guide-to-necromancy-2-by-hailey-edwards