Nava Katz #4
Paranormal Romance - Urban Fantasy
Te Da Media
February 20th 2018
ARC Review Copy
What doesn’t kill you ...
seriously messes with your love life.
Nava is happily settling into her new relationship and life is all giddy joy and stolen kisses.
Except when it’s assassins. Talk about a mood killer.
She and Rohan are tracking the unlikely partnership between the Brotherhood and a witch who can bind demons, but every new piece of the puzzle is leaving them with more questions than answers.
And someone doesn’t appreciate them getting close to the truth.
On top of that, a demon known only as Candyman has unleashed a drug that’s harming users in extremely disturbing ways.
Nava vows to take this demon down. But will life as she knows it survive this mission, or will this be the one time she should have looked before she leapt?
Happily-ever-after? Barring death, she’s got a real shot at it.
Note: This series needs to be read in order.
I’ve been enjoy the Nave Katz series. I’ve found the novels to be action-packed and entreating. The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Crave uncovers some interesting things and digs into a mystery, but it also was lacking in character development and those action-packed scenes.
I had a difficult time getting into The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Crave. Their where things I liked, but there where more things that just bothered me this go around.
Things I Liked:
• I like the covers for this series and the titles for the books. They fit each novel perfectly.
• I enjoyed the mystery of this new drug thats hit the streets. It’s not a normal drug and it affects people differently.
• Things are revealed in many areas. Personal, the Witches, the Brotherhood, Demons, and more.
• I was very happy to see Nava making friends with those in her Brotherhood house.
What Bothered Me:
• Nava has grown a little, but not as much as she should have. She’s not so wild and out of control as she has been, but she still is not thinking through her actions.
• I’m also disappointed in the lack of training for Nave. She’s in the Brotherhood, but she still doesn’t have the training that all the boys have. They started as kids learning and fighting and well Nava didn’t have that. She needs to study and train, yet she’s not.
• We get progress in finding out who is binding demons, but in this area when Nava learns something she goes to either the Witches, Demons, or the Brotherhood, the ones who know what she is doing, and she tells them that information, which then stirs up a hornets nest. She doesn’t ask discrete questions or investigate well. What she does is get everyone ruffled up.
• And, her relationship. It’s been an on again off again thing. Nava and Rohan are in a good place at the start, but at the end it’s off again. I’m so over this up and down romance. I’m also disappointed that Rohan doesn’t share his personal life aka his history with Nava. He knows everything about her, yet she still doesn’t know things about him that she should. I’m also upset with Nava; because of a choice she makes at the end which she knows won’t end well for her and it doesn’t. Now, I will say that their sexy time is sexy, but I did have an issue with the author trying to progress their relationship with them have sex without a condom. I didn’t have an issue with the no condom. My issue is I didn’t feel that they where ready for that step in their relationship.
The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Crave was just ok. The story was slow throughout and it left me with with more questions by the end about the Brotherhood, the Witches, and the Demons as well as feeling sad about Nava and Rohan’s relationship. I’m at a point where I’m not sure if I want to continue with the Nava Katz series. Their was just to much that bothered me this time around.
Rated: 3 Stars
*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Author Deborah Wilde with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.
Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads (Angela)!
Check out my reviews from the previous books:
- The Unlikeable Demon Hunter (Nava Katz, #1)
- The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Sting (Nava Katz, #2)
- The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Need (Nava Katz, #3)