Review: Devil’s Gate (Elder Races #4.6) by Thea Harrison

August 22, 2017
eBook
134
Bought

This title was previously published and is being rereleased by the author. It has not been revised.

As a coroner, medusa Seremela Telemar has always felt more comfortable chatting over a dead body than over drinks. But when her wild niece, Vetta, runs off to Devil’s Gate, a lawless town that sprung up overnight in a modern-day gold rush, she knows she has to extricate her before the rebellious girl gets into real trouble.

Vampyre Duncan Turner is not about to let his new co-worker go into that chaotic Wild West town alone. His Vampyric power and lawyer smarts make him the perfect ally, and the fact that he already had his eye on Seremela for more…personal reasons, doesn’t hurt matters. Any romantic thoughts are put on hold, however, when they arrive at Devil’s Gate and learn Vetta is set to hang by morning.

In order to save Vetta and themselves, Seremela and Duncan are going to have to fight fire with force, and magic with fangs. And pray they make it out of Devil’s Gate alive.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

I read Devil’s Gate when it was first published and loved it.

Even if you haven’t read an Elder Race book you could still pick this novella up, but I would recommend at least reading Books 1 & 2 first in the Elder Race series; since they give you a sense of what is going on in the world.

Devil’s Gate features Seremela a Medusa and Duncan a Vampyre. These characters are secondary characters introduced somewhere along the line in the Elder Race series.

As for the story, their is no shortage of action, adventure, and danger. The romance is sweet; between these two and their is some major sexual tension that will combust by the end. I also have to point out that when we think of Medusa we don’t think nice creatures, so I have to say I like how the author portrayed her Medusa’s. They weren’t creepy, but came of different and noteworthy.

The Elder Race series brings us a verity of unique supernaturals, worlds, and so much more. It’s an entering series to read or listen too. I highly recommend diving in.

Rated: 4 Stars

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2018/02/review-devils-gate-elder-races-4-6-by-thea-harrison