Delectable Delights — Pasta W/ Tomato-Mushroom Sauce

WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN

Over on herding cats and burning soup, Anna does Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters; where she shares about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.

I thought I would also share my kitchen creations or disasters with you!

I found this recipe online at realsimple.com. I’m always searching for quick and simple recipes to try out. I don’t like to spend a lot of time cooking. I’d rather be reading, but we all have to eat, so the quick and easy recipes are the best.

We enjoyed this pasta dish. Mr. Angel and myself both thought after the fact that it would have been better with sausage in it. Just too add some more flavor and a meat to the dish. Maybe next time I make I’ll do that.

Ingredients:

1 – Pound Penne
3 – Tablespoons extra-vigil olive oil
2 – medium onion, diced
1 – teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 – garlic, minced
8 – ounces button mushrooms, sliced
1/3 – cup dry red wine
4 – cups torn escarole (optional)
3/4 – cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley and oregano)
1 – 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 – cup thinly sliced basil leaves
1/2 – cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan

Note: When I made this I changed things up! I only used 1 onion, also 1 TBSP of minced garlic (not fresh), the 3/4 cup fresh herbs I substituted in 2 tsp Parsley & 2 tsp oregano (not fresh), the basil I did 2 tsp (not fresh) and last with the wine I forgot to add which it turned out great even without it, but you can substitute cooking sherry wine if you don’t have a red wine. I didn’t add escarole that is optional.

Cook the penne as directed by the package directions.

Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over med-heat. Add the onions, 1/2 tsp of salt & 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook until the onions are softened, 8 min.

Add 1 TBSP garlic and all the mushrooms. Cook 6min.

Add the wine. Cook 3min uncovered.

Stir in the escarole (if desired), chopped herbs, and salt and pepper. Cook 4min then add tomatoes and heat through. Stir in the basil.

Sever it up! Transfer the pasta to a plate and add the sauce top with cheese.

Want the recipe? Check out Pasta W/ Tomato-Mushroom Sauce!

ForTheRecipeClickHere-Banner-angelsgp

I love hearing from you! So, don’t be shy… leave a comment!

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/10/delectable-delights-pasta-w-tomato-mushroom-sauce