Discovering Audiobooks

Audiobooks are nothing new. They have been around since the 1980s when book retailers started to display them on bookshelves. As a kid I use to have the Cassette tapes to books and listened to them all the time. Then CD’s came along and well by that time I wasn’t much into reading any books anymore. It wasn’t until I meet my hubby and his family that I got back into reading, but I still wasn’t an audio person.

Their’s something scary about audiobooks or it felt that way. I follow several bloggers who listen to audiobooks. They love them and share how great they are. I see the posts by these bloggers on audiobooks and I say to myself one day I’m going to give audio a try. I will, yes, I will.

But, I kept putting them off. Why you might be asking? Well I was nervous, afraid, and unsure on how it would feel to take that leap. You don’t know if you are going to like the narrator and the voices they use on the characters. It’s kinda scary jumping into audiobooks. And, then you have the sex scenes. Well only if you like the genre they are in. For me I’m a Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy lover, but I do enjoy a good Erotic Romance and Contemporary Romance now and then. With PNR and UF, you are usually safe and the scenes are nicely done, not over the top, but questions pop up in your head. Like; Do you want to listen to the sexy scene, wither it’s tame or not or do you prefer to read them?

Library Love/Audio Downloads

This year has been a year of many changes and new experience in real life and on the blog. I finally picked up my first audiobook this year, 2017. I deiced to play it safe and listen to my favorites that I’ve reread over and over. I’ve been using my library to try this new experience and totally have saved lots of $$ money.

Which series/books did I pick up in Audio?

Mercy Thompson

• Moon Called – $23.95
  • Blood Bound – $23.95
  • Iron Kissed – $23.95
  • Bone Crossed – $23.95
  • Silver Borne – $23.95
  • River Marked – $23.95
  • Frost Burned – $20.95

They don’t have book 8 in audio… I h8 that they are missing this one.

Alpha & Omega

• Cry Wolf – $23.95
  • Hunting Ground – $23.95
  • Fair Game – $20.95

They don’t have book 4 in audio and I requested, but they won’t get it.

Kate Daniels

• Magic Bites – $17.95
  • Magic Burns – $17.95

Hidden Legacy

• Burn For Me – $12.99
  • Major wait list on the next two in the series.. I h8 waiting!

Charley Davidson – This last series is new to me. Everyone loves the audio version, so I deiced to audio it instead of read.

• First Grave on the Right – $23.95
  • Second Grave on the Left – $23.95

Total Savings by using my library; instead of purchasing outright: $330.29

What I like about Audiobooks:

• You can save your spot easily.
  • I can get through a book quicker by listening then reading.
  • You can change the speed.
  • The verity of narrators.
  • I can multi-task. Get more done either on the blog, work, or home stuff.

The only downside and trouble I have run into with my library is that I’m finding they don’t have all the books in a series available in audio download. They may have books 1-3 and skip 4 then have 5-7 or something like that.Why? Oh Why? I just don’t know! I can suggest a title for request from my library, but it doesn’t guarantee they will get it. I h8 waiting. And, then if they don’t get it I can’t listen too it unless I buy it in that formate. What can I do? What are my other options?

Audio Subscriptions

I’ve been thinking about picking up an Audio subscription.

I do all my shopping on Amazon, so I’ve been looking at Audible which is an Amazon company. You can try the service for 30 days free and then pay $14.95 monthly subscription.

But WAIT, Kobo just introduced Audiobooks on their site. You can try the service for 30 days free and then pay $9.99 monthly subscription.

What’s the upside and downside? Well Kobo doesn’t have as big a selection yet, as Amazon. They are missing titles in a series too, just like my library, but I like that it’s under $10. I wish Audible was under ten instead of under $15. I just don’t know which to go with or if their are other options out their?

Rakuten Kobo U.S

Audio Lovers. I’m asking you for help!!!

What Audio site do you use? How much does it cost? Do you subscribe or just purchase the audiobook outright? I love my library, but missing books in a series doesn’t help me. And, having to wait on that waiting list is so hard.

Facebook Twitter Google+