#1 – Book Hate

Recently I ran across a post from It Starts at Midnight that talked about Topics I Need More Of. One such topic was Books We Hate. You read that right, HATE. We all have run across books that we have hated for one reason or another, either we finished it or we DNF’d it.

No one really wants to talk about those books. I get it! It’s not easy to share the ones we don’t like. We all like to talk about the books we loved, those that kept us up way past midnight, or even made us skip a work day to just read, but I’m here today and hopeful will post more posts on those books that “I HAVE HATED.”

The Definition of hate from Dictionary.com

The books featured below for one reason or another I HATED. Yes, you are reading this post correctly. I had one or more issues with each book. You may have read them and enjoyed or you could be like me and you hated them too or even after this post you may still want to try them. I’m not saying don’t try, but I’m giving you my reasons to avoid them all together.

Winter’s Heat

This was my first DNF on the blog that I featured and wrote about back in 2015. I picked it up when it was free.

I’ve heard some good things about the Cristin Harber and her Titan series, which has eight books in it now, so since the book was free I deiced to give it go.

48% in and it was not working out. The character’s didn’t work for me. Our lead hero is an elite military guy, yet he did some stupid things which didn’t fit with what he was. If you are military you wouldn’t have done what he did to try and keep our heroine safe. Wasn’t buying his status as a military man.

Then we have their first kiss. It came at a point when the characters hardly knew each other and the moment wasn’t right for them to be getting physical, just too soon for my liking.

Check out my review here.

Copper King

This was another DNF and free ebook I picked up. I do love those one-clicks that pop up for free, so I don’t feel so bad about DNFing, but still this one had some major no no’s for me.

First the lead couple in this story slept together for a one night stand, but they didn’t use a condom. That’s right no protection with a one-night stand. HELL NO. They are shifters, but the author doesn’t give us any indication that they couldn’t get prego.

I also had no connection to the characters. And, the heroine I couldn’t figure out. Why did she snuck out? Why was it her last hurrah? Is she dying? She in an arranged marriage?

Too many questions and an OH SHIT moment that might be coming. This was all within the first 39% of the book; before I said I’m done.

Check out my review here.

Planet Mail

As you can tell by the first two books featured I love picking up free ebooks.

Planet Mail was another freebie I picked up. OMG I read this one all the way to the end and wish I hadn’t. I was so upset throughout and by the end I was pissed off. No, just avoid this one.

My main issue is the heroine has a son who she needs to get back to on earth, but she doesn’t try very hard to return home. What she does do is let all these men sexually pleasure her. Every page was some type of sex act. I have no issues with sex. I like some erotic. I like well written sex scenes, but I hate when a women doesn’t put her kid first.

Also at one point she says she can fight, but when the time comes she lets bad men grab her and doesn’t even get a punch in. Then in another scene she is in the training grounds and puts her man on the ground. No consistency.

This one was so disappointing.

Check out my review here

☆.•°*°•.☆

Thoughts?
Have you read these books?
What books do you hate?