ARC Review: The Hunt (Devil’s Isle #3) by Chloe Neill (Tour) ~ Giveaway

The Hunt

Devil’s Isle #3

by Chloe Neill

September 26, 2017

From the New York Times bestselling author of the Chicagoland Vampires Novels—the hunter becomes the hunted in a New Orleans devastated by a Paranormal war….

When bounty hunter Liam Quinn discovered that Claire Connolly was a Sensitive and infected with magic, he should have turned her in to be locked up in the prison district known as Devil’s Isle. Instead, he helped her learn to control her power and introduced her to an underground group of Paranormals and humans who know the truth about the war and those who fought it.

Now the weight of Liam’s own secrets has forced him into hiding. When a government agent is killed and Claire discovers that Liam is the prime suspect, she races to find him before the government can. But she’ll discover proving his innocence is no simple matter. Their enemies are drawing closer, and time is running out….

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks | Indiebound | Powell’s | Books-A-Million

Read the first chapter now!

This series needs to be read in order.

The Hunt starts off 5 weeks from where The Sight ends. The tension is ramped up several notches in this installment. It’s filled with action, heartache, betrayal, fear, friendship, and death.

Claire spends a lot of time in an emotional turmoil over Liam, secrets that she is finding out about her family, and what she can do to change the world for the better for those paranormals in it. When Liam comes back in the picture the tension between him and Claire is heightened. His stubbornness and issues with the magical abilities he has now add to their relationship troubles.

The start was a bit slow in the beginning for me and I had some trouble getting into the story. I was surprised by a few events or revelations that popped up in the story. I was also not expecting things to go that path. The ending was a little unexpected and had me wondering what now.

My only issues is Claire, Liam, and others are fugitives. They are on the run and trying not to get caught by the government. Well they sure do get around way to easily. They move from one place to another without running into conflict, trouble, etc. Just to easily for them to move around especially when the government wants to capture them.

All and all The Hunt was an enjoyable read.

Rated: 3 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Berkley via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (UF) | New Release (2017)

The Veil (Devil’s Isle, #1)

My Review

The Sight (Devil’s Isle, #2)

My Review

Chloe Neill is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Devil’s Isle, Chicagoland Vampires, and Dark Elite series. She was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest.  When not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her boys–her favorite landscape photographer/husband and their dogs, Baxter and Scout. (Both she and the photographer understand the dogs are in charge.)

Chloe is represented by Lucienne Diver of The Knight Agency. Chloe is a member of the Romance Writers of America.

Angel’s Guilty Pleasures has a swag pack from Chloe Neill up for grabs to one USA Only winner. Fill out the rafflecopter to enter!

The packet will include:

• Devil’s Isle tote bag
  • Devil’s Isle sticker sheet, coaster, and bookplate
  • Chloe Neill pen and “Brainstorms” notebook
  • Signed Chloe Neill book
  • Bookmarks

a Rafflecopter giveaway

The fun doesn’t stop here. Want more chances to win? You can also enter THE HUNT Grand Prize Giveaway, which runs September 18 through September 29 on Chloe’s Website.

What is the Grand Prize Giveaway prize?

Week One

Wednesday, September 27 – Goldilox and the Three Weres
Thursday, September 28 – Parajunkee | Desert Divas Book Addiction
Friday, September 29 – YA Reads

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/arc-review-the-hunt-devils-isle-3-by-chloe-neill-tour-giveaway