Delectable Delights — Hearty Steak and Potatoes

WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN

Over on herding cats and burning soup, Anna does Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters; where she shares about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.

I thought I would also share my kitchen creations or disasters with you! HelloFresh has become a godsend for me when it comes to cooking. I love the easy of deliver, all the ingredients included, all packaging is recyclable, and I get to try some new things too.

Want to try HelloFresh out? Enter this code UB44DH and receive $40 off your first box – Click Here.

Hearty Steak and Potatoes w/ Balsamic-Cranberry Pan Sauce

Sirloin Steak
Balsamic Vinegar
Soy Sauce
Cranberry Jam

Preheat and prep: Preheat oven 425. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Strip rosemary leaves and chop. Halve potatoes lengthwise, cut into 1-inch-wedges.

Roast Potatoes: Toss potatoes on backing sheet with large drizzle of olive oil and chopped rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Then roast 30-35min, until lightly browned and crisp.

Cook Cabbage: Heat oil in med pan on med-high heat. Add onion and cabbage calling 5min, until softened, make sure to toss. Add mustard seeds an cook until they start to pop. Then stir in White wine vinegar, sugar, and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 10min.

Sear Steak: While cabbage and potatoes cook. Heat in medium pan oil over med-high heat and cook the steak until desired doneness. Make sure to season both sides with salt and pepper. When done, remove and set aside.

Make Pan Sauce: Add 1/2 TBSP balsamic vinegar, 1 1/2 TBSP soy sauce, cranberry jam, and 3 TBSP water to same pan meat was cooked in, cooking sauce over med heat. Stir to combine and let simmer until reduced to a syrupy consistency, 2-3min.

Finish and Serve: Thinly slice steak. divide steak, potatoes, and cabbage between plates. Drizzle sauce over steak and serve.

We enjoyed the potatoes and steak. Neither one of us are much on eating cabbage. We did try it and it was sweet and enjoyable, but we didn’t eat much cabbage.

Want the recipe? Check out HelloFresh Hearty Steak and Potatoes!

ForTheRecipeClickHere-Banner-angelsgp

I love hearing from you! So, don’t be shy… leave a comment!

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/delectable-delights-hearty-steak-and-potatoes