Early ARC Review: Archangel’s Viper (Guild Hunter #10) by Nalini Singh

September 26th 2017
eBook
400
NetGalley

Enter New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh’s breathtakingly passionate Guild Hunter world with the story of a woman who isn’t a vampire or an angel…or human…

Once a broken girl known as Sorrow, Holly Chang now prowls the shadowy gray underground of the city for the angels. But it’s not her winged allies who make her a wanted woman—it’s the unknown power coursing through her veins. Brutalized by an insane archangel, she was left with the bloodlust of a vampire, the ability to mesmerize her prey, and a poisonous bite.

Now, someone has put a bounty on her head…

Venom is one of the Seven, Archangel Raphael’s private guard, and he’s as infuriating as he is seductive. A centuries-old vampire, his fangs dispense a poison deadlier than Holly’s. But even if Venom can protect Holly from those hunting her, he might not be able to save himself—because the strange, violent power inside Holly is awakening…

No one is safe.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Exhilarating! Thrilling! Relentless!

Archangel’s Viper is book ten in the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh. It’s a non-stop action-packed adventure full of hurtles, twists, and a little romance.

Before we get started; you do want to read this series in order. We meet Holly and Venom at the beginning of the series and are treated to little teasers of them throughout, but we don’t dive into who they are or what they have become until now.

Venom was his sexy self. We learn so much about his past, what makes him who he is, his unique attributes, and more. Holly is fierce, strong, and a survivor. She didn’t ask for the horrors that happened to her, but even with the ruff go of things, she turns herself around, and thrives.

I enjoyed Holly and Venom together and I relished the banter between them. It was lots of fun. As for the romance it was nice, but I would have liked them to have had more time together. It wasn’t until close to the end when the romance/get together happens and so it felt sudden and a little rushed to me.

Besides Holly and Venom, there was a lot going on in the story. These two had many challenges and hurtles to face; which where invigorating and had my heart pumping. I was on the edge of my sit and couldn’t put the story down. I was also not expecting to uncover what I read. And then add in the twists; which where unmatched. It was a delightful treat to be surprised and so captivated. I’m excited and a bit worried for everyone in this world. What will happen next?

Rated: 4.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Berkley Publishing Group via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (UF/PNR) | New Release (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/early-arc-review-archangels-viper-guild-hunter-10-by-nalini-singh