Early ARC Review: So I Married a Sorcerer (The Embraced #2) by Kerrelyn Sparks

August 29th 2017
eBook
496
NetGalley

DESTINED FOR DOOM—OR DESIRE?

Growing up on the Isle of Moon, Brigitta knew that she was born with the magical powers of the Embraced—even if she did not know how to wield them. But she has finally learned the truth: Brigitta is the lost princess of the kingdom of Tourin. She was sent into hiding as an infant to escape the wrath of her half-brother, the king. And now he knows just where to find her. . .

Rupert is a notorious pirate and sorcerer who can harness the wind with his hands. He’s spent most of his life plotting revenge on the evil king—and Rupert believes that Brigitta could be the key to finally destroying his enemy. But what begins as a kidnapping of the innocent beauty escalates into something deeper, and more passionate, than either captor or captive could have imagined. Rupert soon vows to protect Brigitta against the king—but will they survive long enough to find their happily-ever-after. . .or does fate have something else in store?

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

So I Married a Sorcerer is the second book in The Embrace series by Kerrelyn Sparks.

We are treated to a love story that takes place on the high seas and a bit on dry land. Theirs secrets, drama, past wrongs that need writing, action, and romance.

Rupert, my heart broke for him and everything he has been through. Brigitta, is scared of her fate and knows it’s coming for her. These two where perfect for each other.

The romance starts out as a pirate romance, but turns into our heroine battling for the man she loves, but also for what is right. It’s sweet and passionate. I enjoyed Rupert and Brigitta together and how well they complemented each other. We see how a past changes a person, but also how beautiful life can be when you find something worth keeping and fighting for. We are also treated to a little side romance better Stefan and Sister Fallyn. I loved this romance as well.

I will say I figured out who Rupert was at the very beginning, but it didn’t upset me that I knew.

Expect plenty of adventure, passion, and danger plus we get to go into dragon territory and get a sneak peak at who fate will match next.

Rated: 4 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by St. Martin’s Press via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (PNR) | New Releases (2017)

FacebookTwitterGoogle+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/08/early-arc-review-so-i-married-a-sorcerer-the-embraced-2-by-kerrelyn-sparks