ARC Review: To Tame a Wild Heart (Zyne Legacy #1) by Gwen Mitchell ~ Giveaway

June 21st 2017
eBook
364
ARC Review Copy

Audrey Taylor has carved a living out of society’s fringes using her supernatural abilities and street smarts. Freedom—sleeping beneath the open skies and under the radar—is all she’s ever needed. But when an ancient council of witches discovers her powers, Audrey must submit to their training or be stripped of her gifts and her memory. Audrey knows better than to trust anyone, and she’s never worked well with others, so it’s just her luck to be assigned a withdrawn and irritable falconer as her mentor. Even more disturbing is her desire to tear through his brooding façade and bare the man beneath when she should be focused on escape.

Corvin Wright values the solace of his duties and only finds peace among the birds entrusted to his keeping. But the council no longer sees a use for his unique gifts, and his sanctuary is in danger unless he can earn his place by babysitting a fledgling witch. The task becomes daunting when his apprentice turns out to be wilder and more broken than any creature he’s ever cared for. Her fiery spirit and dangerous beauty challenge every ideal of the life he’s built. As Audrey wrestles with her captivity and the bonds of responsibility laid upon her, Corvin must find a way to tame her wild heart before she breaks his.

Goodreads

Amazon

This is my first experience with Gwen Mitchell. I had a delightful time diving into her Zyne Legacy. It was different and unique.

To Tame a Wild Heart is book one in the Zyne Legacy series. It’s a fast-paced adventure into a witchy world.

Empathic powers, evil sorcerers, animal characters, and witches are just a few of the things we are treated too. I enjoyed both Corvin and Audrey. We get to learn about their past and their magic. As for their romance it was sweet. I really loved Corvin. He understands Audrey, that she is as wild as the animals her cares for, and so he knows how to win her over. Their where also several secondary characters to enjoy and the plot was fascinating. We learn of the dangers in their world; both from mundane and the magical beings. As for the witch society I’m not sure how I feel about it, yet. I need more time in this world to fully decided.

As I was reading I did have some questions pop up and they did get answered, but I also had more questions by the end that where left un-answered.

To Tame a Wild Heart was a satisfying read and I’m curious to read on.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Gwen Mitchell via Xpresso Book Tours with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): New To Me (Author/Series) | Pick Your Genre (PNR/UF) | New Release (2017)

FREE for the duration of the tour only!

Gwen lives a life of romance and adventure with her very own hero in Seattle. She’s a nature lover, science geek, and kitchen witch, with a nose for well-aged tequila and a pin-up fashion obsession. When not hiking to hidden waterfalls, taking in a burlesque show, or otherwise cavorting through the Emerald City, Gwen can be found in her favorite cozy chair brewing tales of magic, murder, and romance.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterGoodreadsAmazon

$50 Amazon GC

a Rafflecopter giveaway

I’m a 35 outdoor sun loving reader living near San Fransisco. I’m a mother, wife, dog owner, animal, and book lover. I’m the owner, reviewer, and mind behind Angel’s Guilty Pleasures. My favorite animals are horses & dogs. As for reading I love all things paranormal & urban fantasy. My favorite shifters are dragons!

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/08/arc-review-to-tame-a-wild-heart-zyne-legacy-1-by-gwen-mitchell-giveaway