Review: How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks

March 7th 2017
Paperback
396
Library

Luciana grew up on the Isle of Moon, hidden away because of her magical powers. But when her father arrives, he offers her a choice: remain on the island or return with him and marry the Beast of Benwick in order to save their legacy—and her father's life.

Lord Leofric, the Beast of Benwick, has not been touched since he was a child. Born with the power to harness lightning, he is a danger to everyone he touches. When he meets his betrothed, he expects a loveless, lonely marriage...until he discovers she's vastly more powerful than he realized. But is she strong enough to withstand his touch?

If they can survive, their love will alter the future of the kingdom. But will their extraordinary powers cost them everything?

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days is book one in The Embraced series by Kerrelyn Sparks.

A new series by a favorite author. I’ve enjoyed Ms. Sparks Love at Stake series and so I decided to jump into this new series The Embraced.

I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into when I started reading. I didn’t know that it was Historical Fantasy along with Paranormal Romance and so when I started reading I was unsure about everything, but the more I read the more I ended up liking the world and characters. I have to say this new world is special and I wasn’t disappointed.

Since this is the first book we are introduced to a whole new world, new thinking, new species, religious oppression, the lengths people will go, and peculiar characters. At times the story felt a little slow, but things do pick up and we are taken on a fun adventure. The author had me laughing and falling in love with Luciana and Leo. They were remarkable together and perfect for each other in more ways then one. The EMBRACED aspect was extraordinary and I really liked all the secondary characters; especially the “sisters” introduced. I feel they will all make wonderful heroines someday.

How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days gives us a mixture of humor, seriousness, understanding, repression, and love. It was creative and a total delight to read.

Rated: 4 Stars

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (PNR) | New To Me (Series) | Library LoveNew Release (2017)

I’m a 35 outdoor sun loving reader living near San Fransisco. I’m a mother, wife, dog owner, animal, and book lover. I’m the owner, reviewer, and mind behind Angel’s Guilty Pleasures. My favorite animals are horses & dogs. As for reading I love all things paranormal & urban fantasy. My favorite shifters are dragons!

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/08/review-how-to-tame-a-beast-in-seven-days-the-embraced-1-by-kerrelyn-sparks