Review: Absolute Trust (True Heroes, #3) by Piper J. Drake (DNF)

Absolute Trust - Piper J. Drake

Paperback
320
Won a Copy

LOVE IS THE GREATEST RISK OF ALL

After multiple tours of duty, Brandon Forte returns to his hometown on a personal mission: to open a facility for military service dogs like Haydn, a German shepherd who's seen his share of combat and loss. It also brings him back to Sophie Kim, a beacon of light in his life . . . and the one woman he can't have. But Forte's success means he's made enemies in high places. Enemies who are now after Sophie . . .

When Forte enlisted and left without saying goodbye, Sophie did her best to move on. But with her first love back in town, looking sexier than ever, she's constantly reminded of what they could have had. Then after he risks himself for her, Sophie realizes she'll have to put her life in the hands of the man who broke her heart, knowing the danger -and the sparks between them- could consume them both.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

I ended up stopping at pg. 124 around 38% in.

This is the first time I’ve read Ms. Drake and a book in the True Heroes series. Their are previous characters around, ones that are couples now and friends to our leads, and so I’m missing out on the connections. I don’t feel the camaraderie or friendships like I might if I read the books in order.

As for Absolute Trust everything feels slow. The plot is slow and the romance is nonexistent. Even with them both having torches for each other since high school. I’m just not feeling the the chemistry and romance.

Up to this point no action has happened. We’ve had a car booming and an attempted apartment burglary/try to kill our heroine, but it wasn’t action associated, just things that happened to our leads, then we move on.

I’m not sure if I’ll try reading this again. I do have book one on request at my library and maybe I’ll pick up Absolute Trust again after I try out the previous books published.

Challenge(s): New To Me (Series/Author) | Pick Your Genre (Con) | Backlist Reader (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/07/review-absolute-trust-true-heroes-3-by-piper-j-drake-dnf