ARC Review: Drakon’s Plunder (Blood of the Drakon #3) by N.J. Walters

July 3rd 2017
eBook
299
NetGalley

Life is not going well for archaeologist Sam Bellamy. She's stuck in the middle of the ocean on a salvage boat with people who want her dead. It wasn't her gift for being able to sense objects of power that got her here, rather her need to make a secret society called the Knights of the Dragon pay for killing her mentor. Sam doesn't believe in dragons, but the Knights do, and if she can get one of the sacred artifacts they're searching for away from them, she'll consider it payback.

Ezra Easton is content to run his marine salvage company and live alone on his private island. He may be a four-thousand-year-old water drakon, but he's civilized enough to know just because he pulls an injured woman from the ocean, doesn't mean he gets to keep her...

When she wakes up, she has a few tall tales to share, and it seems the Knights are after her. But this drakon won't give up his treasure.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Drakon’s Plunder is book three in the Blood of the Drakon series by N.J. Walters.

I’ve been enjoy this series. I like the drakons, half man, half dragon, who are solitary except for the occasional interactions they have between the four brothers. Once they meet their mate; their love is unrestrained, their passion is explosive, and they are unmatched in their protectiveness.

Ezra I’ve wanted to meet him since the moment he was introduced. He’s a water darken and needs the sea. The man is a recluse, owns his on island, and a salvage company on the main land.

Sam’s an archaeologist and she has a specially gift for finding artifacts seeped in magic or myth. She took a job with the Knights, so she could get revenge for them killing her friend.

Danger is every present throughout the story. We also get a little deeper into the workings of the Knights and their goals. Sam & Ezra’s relationship is fast. Their chemistry is fierce and fiery from the moment they meet. I liked these two together, but I was a little sad with how quickly their relationship went. I wanted a little more, push and pull, not a total in all at once. The other area of disappointment for me was in them sleeping together after only knowing each other for 6 hrs. With this being an insta-love story, you know that everything is going to be quick.

Drakon’s Plunder was a satisfactory read. It didn’t blow my mind, but I still enjoyed it. I’m curious about the fourth brother Nic and I’m looking forward to his story. This story can be read as a stand-a-lone, but the books are best read in order.

Rated: 3 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Entangled Publishing, LLC via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (PNR) | New Release (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/07/arc-review-drakons-plunder-blood-of-the-drakon-3-by-n-j-walters