Book Tag ~ Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag (2017)

I found this tag on Under The Covers Book Bog

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag (2017)

Best book you’ve read in 2017?

I can’t just pick one, so I’m going with three reads that have been outstanding: The Red Lily by Juliette Cross, Silver Silence by Nalini Singh, & White Hot by Ilona Andrews. I love each of these authors. They are on my must read authors list.

The Red Lily – I’ve fallen in love with the unique writing and how the author has built the stories around old fairytale classics, but don’t let the fairytale classic fool you into thinking you will know how things end. I’ve fallen for the world and characters already introduced to us.

Silver Silence – I have no words except for Remarkable. Unforgettable. Emotional.

White Hot – Really I can’t get enough of the Andrews writing team. The characters, world, and in-depth attention to everything makes the books Outstanding and ones you can’t forget.

Best sequel you’ve read in 2017 (It’s the second book in a series)?

My pick is Ride Rough by Laura Kaye.

Why I pick this one is; because I gravitate towards PNR and UF reads, but this Contemporary Romance series has captured me. The author did a wonderful job portraying the hard facts about abuse both mental and physical that many men and women go through. I connected to the characters and felt and saw both sides. Ride Rough has so much tenderness, passion, and warmth. The more I dive into the Rave Riders series the more I fall in love with the world, the club, and their ladies.

New Release you haven’t read yet, but you want to? (Release that are out)

Well I’ve got a few on my list that are out, but I haven’t gotten to them and want to: Wild & Sweet (Haven Brotherhood #2) by Rhenna Morgan, Claim & Protect (Haven Brotherhood #3) by Rhenna Morgan, Red Wolf(Shifters Unbound #10) by Jennifer Ashley, Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson #10) by Patricia Briggs, & Keystone (Crossbreed #1) by Dannika Dark.

Wild & Sweet / Claim & Protect – I had the pleasure of reading Rough & Tumble Book 1 in the Haven Brotherhood series and I was shocked with how much I feel for the Haven Brothers and what was happening in their world. Not many Contemporary Romances win me over and make me want to come back for more.

Red Wolf – I really enjoy the Shifters Unbound series. We get such a verity of shifters and conflicts. Each book is different and gives us a new couple to fall in love with. It’s one of my favorite series to keep coming back too and I love rereading several of the books and novellas.

Silence Fallen – Mercy and Adam rock! I just love this series and can’t get enough. I own the entire series in ebook and yes, I have this one, but I haven’t gotten to it yet.

Keystone – I’ve heard such great things about this book. I’ve had Ms. Dark on my reading radar for a while, but have not had the chance to read her. I did actually picked up Keystone when it was on sale and now I just need to read it.

Most anticipate release for the second half of the year? (Not out yet?)

Their really isn’t much this year that I’ve had my eye on, but their are two coming out in the second half of the year that I’m anticipating: Bring the Heat by G.A. Aiken & Ride Wild by Laura Kaye.

Biggest disappointment of the year?

I’d go with the third book in the Blood Ravagers series, Blood Vowed by Traci Douglass. After reading book two, Blood Freed, I was hoping for more of the same; especially with all the trouble I had with book one, Blood Bound, which made me think I wasn’t going to continue the series, but I did. Book two won me over, but then three was just so so.

Most surprising book of this year?

How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days by Kerrelyn Sparks

I’ve read and own most of the Love at Stake series books by Ms. Sparks, so I’ve enjoyed her writing before.

Why, I picked this one is because it surprised me. I wasn’t expecting what I got. I didn’t realize it was set in a Historical Fantasy setting, so when I started I wasn’t sure if I was going to like, but the more I read, the more I enjoyed and now I’m looking forward to the next installment.

Favorite new author?

I’d have to say Rhenna Morgan. I’ve had her on my radar since I noticed her Paranormal Romance Eden series and I’ve wanted to try her out, so when received a copy of Rough & Tumble for her new contemporary romance series, I thought ok lets do this. Now I’m hook on the Haven Brotherhood series and can’t wait to read on. All I can say is that not many Contemporary Romance get on my reading list and not many stay, but Rhenna Morgan has hooked me.

Newest fictional crush?

The bears in Silver Silence. I really LOVE bear shifters. It was wonderful to hop over seas and enter into a new clan. They where adorable and lovable.

Newest favorite character?

I really enjoyed Talon and Sherry. Both where great.

A book that made you cry?

I have two: Silver Silence Ride Rough

For Silver Silence I mention in my review to have a box of tissues with you because you will be moved for several heartbreak and heartwarming moments.

For Ride Rough it’s the vivid aspect of abuse as well as the couple that gets to have a second chance at love plus the fun moments this couple have that reminded me of events in my life.

A book that made you happy?

Wildfire by Ilona Andrews

I can always count on the Andrews team to send me on a magical adventure full of action, mind-blowing moments, and characters that will make me feel all kinds of emotions and when I’m done, I’m Ecstatic.

Favorite book to movie adaptation?

Don’t have one.

Favorite book review you’ve posted this year?

Don’t have one.

Most beautiful book you have bought this year?

I use my library regularly for my book love, so for paperbacks/hardcovers well I haven’t bought any 2017 releases in that formate yet. As for eBook it would be Silence Fallen by Patrica Briggs.

What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

Well I have a few review books & two blogger shame titles I need to read.

I need to read before they come out: Spellbinder by Thea Harrison, Archangel’s Viper by Nalini Singh, & Drakon’s Plunder by N.J. Walters. I’m sure I’ll have more.

I also have two on my blogger shame that I need to get too before the end of the year: Dark Divine & Divine Awakening both by Lia Davis.

Did any of your favorite make my list?
I’d love to see all your answers to the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag questions.

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/07/book-tag-mid-year-book-freak-out-tag-2017