Otherworld Challenger - Jane Godman

eBook
304
NetGalley

KING OF THE OTHERWORLD

The race is on to find the true heir to the faerie crown before the evil king Moncoya returns from exile. Mercenary necromancer Jethro de Loix will find the challenger to Moncoya's crown...for a price. One million mortal dollars. Outraged at Jethro's audacity, Princess Vashti, Moncoya's daughter, arranges to accompany him on his mission.

Jethro doesn't want company, especially not from Moncoya's belligerent, pampered daughter. But as their journey pits them against evil forces, their animosity soon gives way to an overwhelming physical attraction. When the trail ends on the legendary Isle of Avalon, can the pair face down the evil sorceress Morgan le Fay to claim a future they'd long denied themselves?

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Otherworld Challenger is book three in the Otherworld series. I prefer to read series books in order. It’s a little quirk I have, but it doesn’t always happen that way. The Otherworld Challenger was my first experience in the Otherworld series and with Jane Godman. I was pulled in, captivated, and enjoyed the storyline and characters. I feel that this novel can and does stand well on it’s own.

Vashti, Princess Vashti is the daughter of the proclaimed king. She feels no emotions and now that things have changed in the supernatural world, with her sister marring, she is starting to see things differently, but still struggles with emotions and contact.

Jethro, Jethro de Loix is a necromancer who is on the hunt for the true heir to the fairy kingdom. He is a man of mystery to himself and others.

Vashti and Jethro where likable characters. I had fun with their strong dislike and barbs they took at each other, which of course leads them to truly unravel their feelings and realize they actually like each other. It’s the enemies to lovers storyline. They had some pretty interesting interactions. I liked watching Vashti’s character change from uncaring to caring and I liked Jethro’s strong will. The plot was intense and interesting with their journey leading them to Avalon where revolutions are revealed and love blooms; between our reluctant characters. We learn a lot on this journey to find the true heir of the faire kingdom.

Otherworld Challenger was a delightful and entertaining read. I’m curious now to check out the previous books in the Otherworld series and to see what comes next.

Rated: 4 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Harlequin via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Blogger Shame | New To Me (Author/Series) | Pick Your Genre (PNR) | Backlist Reader (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/06/arc-review-otherworld-challenger-otherworld-3-by-jane-godman