Review: Irresistible Force (K-9 Rescue #1) by D.D. Ayres

August 26th 2014
Paperback
305
Library

When adrenaline runs high, so does the force of desire…

For Shay Appleton, it’s love at first sight when a gorgeous stray dog is brought into the animal shelter where she works. She just knows he’ll make a terrific watch dog—and with an abusive ex who won’t let go, she needs all the protection she can get. But Shay never suspected that her new pet is actually a trained police K-9 named Bogart—until Bogart’s even more gorgeous, human partner shows up on her doorstep.

Officer James Cannon is one tall, strong alpha male who’s convinced that Shay stole his dog. But once he gets closer to the suspect, he realizes that this stubborn, independent woman not only needs a guard dog, she needs James as well. It seems that someone from her past is stalking her, and threatening her life. When danger meets desire, will James risk his career and his best friend…to protect the woman who’s stolen his heart?

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

Irresistible Force swept me into danger and romance.

James is looking for his missing partner, a K-9 named Bogart, and he runs cross Shay. These two have a little exchange and soon he’s drawn into her life and danger.

I LOVED Bogart. He stole my heart and James was perfect. Dogs have a way of pulling at your emotions and making you love them. I loved the relationship James has with his pup and seeing how he helps Shay, sweet. James was easy to like. Shay was ok, but she had a few to many hang-ups for me to fully like her. The story was fast-paced and I had fun with the story and leads. Theirs no shortage of action, suspense, and yummy bedroom scenes.

My only issues is that Shay and James sleep together on the first day they meet. I prefer reading about a couple that has spent sometime together before hopping into bed. Other then that, I had a delightful time and look forward to the next installment.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

Challenge(s): Library Love Pick Your Genre (Con) | New To Me (Author/Series) | Backlist Reader (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/06/review-irresistible-force-k-9-rescue-1-by-d-d-ayres