Review: Fool Moon (The Dresden Files #2) by Jim Butcher

eBook/Paperback
432
Library

Harry Dresden--Wizard

Lost Items Found. Paranormal Investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates. No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Business has been slow. Okay, business has been dead. And not even of the undead variety. You would think Chicago would have a little more action for the only professional wizard in the phone book. But lately, Harry Dresden hasn't been able to dredge up any kind of work--magical or mundane.

But just when it looks like he can't afford his next meal, a murder comes along that requires his particular brand of supernatural expertise.

A brutally mutilated corpse. Strange-looking paw prints. A full moon. Take three guesses--and the first two don't count...

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

Fool Moon is book two in The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. We are taken on another mystery, full of suspense and adventure.

Harry is one of the good guys. But he struggles and he’s flawed. He isn’t perfect. I like him and I like how hard he tries to protect everyone around him.

As for the women in Harry’s life I’m not a fan of either at this point. I don’t care for reporters. I just don’t like them, but Susan came through and helped Harry out. Though I feel she’s with him just to get a story. Murphy the detective she was mistrustful, impulsive, and violent in this installment. She was not very nice and put Harry in a situation that made things worse, instead of letting him explain.

The werewolf lore was very interesting, especially the twist at the very end. The teaser about Harry’s mother was a tease for Harry and the readers. I’m excited to see what more Harry and us will learn about himself, his parents, and his past.

Fool Moon was another great read in The Dresden Files series. I loved the mystery and the surprises we get. It’s not straightforward and the developments will surprise you.

Rated: 4 Stars

Challenge(s): Library Love Backlist Reader Pick Your Genre (UF) (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/05/review-fool-moon-the-dresden-files-2-by-jim-butcher