ARC Review: Lure of the Dragon (Aloha Shifters: Jewels of the Heart, #1) by Anna Lowe

Lure of the Dragon (Aloha Shifters: Jewels of the Heart Book 1) - Anna Lowe

April 18, 2017
eBook
206
ARC Review Copy

Nothing is forbidden to this elite corps of shifter bodyguards and private investigators…except falling in love.

Good dragons? Bad dragons? Twenty-four hours ago, private chef Tessa Byrne didn’t know about the terrifying world of shifters. Now she knows too much, like the fact that a ruthless dragon lord is determined to claim her — forever. Tessa flees to Maui, where sunny skies, swaying palms, and a handsome stranger conspire to play tricks with her heart. Can she truly trust Kai Llewellyn and his band of battle-hardened shapeshifters to save her from a gruesome fate?

Don’t trust a human, and never, ever fall in love with one. Those are lessons Kai learned the hard way. But Tessa is different. Her emerald eyes mirror the mysterious pendant she wears, and her flaming red hair makes his heart race. Is his inner dragon just greedy for a new kind of treasure, or is Tessa his destined mate?

A paranormal romance with adult content / 50,000 words.

Goodreads

Amazon

Lure of the Dragon is a wonderful start to a new series by Anna Lowe. It’s full of suspense, mystery, and romance.

Lure of the Dragon shows us that everyone has secrets and that not ever supernatural is good. The story was a little slow to start and it took me sometime to get into, but once I did, I enjoyed it.

We are introduced to a band of brothers, men who severed in a special military unit together. These men have been through a lot and have formed a family. I feel in love with the shifter brothers that were introduced. Each one is unique, has their own personalities, and pasts. I’m curious to learn about each one and see who their mates will be.

I loved how the author brought all her characters together and that we are still in the same world with ties to Twin Moon. The plot has a few twists and surprises.

I do have to point out that the first kiss between Tessa and Kai, Holy Smokes it’s smoking.

It was great to get our first taste of dragons, good and bad, fated mates and lost treasures. I’m curious to see where this new series goes and how it all unfolds.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Anna Lowe with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): New To Me (Series) Pick Your Genre (PNR) New Release (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/05/arc-review-lure-of-the-dragon-aloha-shifters-jewels-of-the-heart-1-by-anna-lowe