Review: About a Vampire (Argeneau #22) by Lynsay Sands

September 29th 2015
eBook/Paperback
379
Library

In New York Times bestselling author Lynsay Sands' new Argeneau novel, a vampire accustomed to seducing every woman he meets finds the one determined to resist him...

With immortal good looks and scorching charisma, Justin Bricker has yet to meet a woman he can't win over. His potential life mate should be no different. But instead of falling into his bed, Holly Bosley runs away and ends up mortally wounded. To save her, he has to turn her. And then Bricker learns the shocking truth: Holly's already married.

Holly wakes up with a bump on her head, a craving for blood, and a sexy stranger who insists they belong together. She needs Bricker's help to control her new abilities, even as she tries to resist his relentless seduction. Choosing between the world she knows and the eternity he offers is impossible. But Justin is fighting for his life mate—maybe even his life—and he'll break every rule to do it.

Goodreads

Amazon

Kobo

Book Depository

Barnes & Noble

About a Vampire is book twenty two in the Argeneau series by Lynsay Sands and it can be read on it’s own. It’s not necessary to have followed the story from the begging to pick this one up.

Holly is currently working as a part-time worker for a funeral home when she unexpectedly encounters Justin one night. Justin is there doing his Hunter job and disposing of the bad vampires that have been killed.

I liked About a Vampire as much as I could, but I was hopping for more. It lacked the humor that I have come to love and enjoy. It didn’t have a very good explanation on why Justin is attracted to Holly. The only thing we get is that he can’t read her mind, which is one of the indications that an Immortal has found their lifemate. And, last their was no true conflict and so the story just dragged.

Justin’s lifemate in this one is Holly and it turns out she’s married. Is married before her turn and after to a human. I kinda felt bad for Justin having to deal with finding his lifemate and then knowing he can’t have her; because she’s married. Holly on the other hand never wowed me. I get her wanting to be loyal to her wedding vows, but the more we learn about her marriage the more it sounds like it was convent and that they are friends with benefits instead of true husband and wife team. But, what really upset me about this story is Justin’s friends and colleagues. They where deliberately mean to Justin. They gave him very bad advice on what Holly likes. Yes, in the other stories Justin razed them and gave them a hard time when they found their lifemates, but he was never deliberately cruel and the women never got hurt by his antics. It was just so wrong and upsetting to see this. Then their is the ending where everything wraps up nice and easy and it’s all a ok. It was to convent of a way to wrap everything up and make it all turn out for the best.

The only thing that I truly enjoyed was the return of shared dreams. Why? It’s one of the indications of a lifemate and one that we haven’t seen in a while.

About a Vampire was an easy and comfortable read, but disappointing for me as a fan.

Rated: 2.5 Stars

Challenge(s): Backlist Reader | Pick Your Genre (PNR) | March Tack Control TBR | Library Love(2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/05/review-about-a-vampire-argeneau-22-by-lynsay-sands