Let’s Celebrate National Library Week

You might wonder what the National Library Week is all about!

Well it was “first sponsored in 1958. The National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries across the country each April. It is a time to celebrate the contributions of our nation’s libraries and librarians and to promote library use and support. All types of libraries – school, public, academic and special – participate. (ALA)

This year’s theme is “Libraries Transform”. “Showcasing the transformative nature of today’s libraries and elevating the critical role libraries play in the digital age. (ALA Libraries Transform)“

I’m a big support of my local library. I LOVE it! I try to see if the library has the book I’m looking for either in eCopy or Paperback. It saves me so much $$ money. The library is also a great place to borrow Movies and Children’s books. My son loves to go and pick out the books he wants us to read to him.

This year I’m hosting my first book challenge Library Love along with Bea’s Book Nook. I am excited for this challenge and have been setting my library card on fire this year. I hope you will join us. Sign-up’s are open all year and at the end of the year we will pick a giveaway winner. Just another extra incentive to get you to use your library.

So, get out their and support your library!

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/04/lets-celebrate-national-library-week