ARC Review: A Very Jaguar Christmas (Heart of the Jaguar #5) by Terry Spear (DNF)

A Very Jaguar Christmas (Heart of the Jaguar) - Terry Spear

October 4th 2016
 eBook/Paperback
 320
 NetGalley

There are all kinds of surprises under the mistletoe!

As a protector of all jaguar-kind, Guardian agent Demetria MacFarlane isn’t surprised to get a call near Christmas—but when she’s sent to protect a cub whose species she didn’t even know existed, her holiday season gets complicated. And it doesn’t help that her partner is a distraction of the hottest kind.

Hotshot JAG agent Everett Anderson can handle dangerous poachers and wildlife traffickers, no problem…but kids? Everett fears he’ll be stuck cub-sitting under the Christmas tree, but working with one sexy Guardian she-cat may be the best present he’s ever gotten.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

DNF’d at 22%

I never thought I would be DNFing a Spear’s book. I’ve always enjoyed the stories and romances, but this time it wasn’t clicking for me.

I was not feeling the story, characters, or the case. It felt blaze, predictable, cliche and it wasn’t pulling me in or catching my interest.

I will say the start was dramatic and sad, but after that nothing more for me.

A Very Jaguar Christmas was not the book for me. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Blogger Shame | Backlist Reader Pick Your Genre (PNR) (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/04/arc-review-a-very-jaguar-christmas-heart-of-the-jaguar-5-by-terry-spear-dnf