ARC Review: His Virgin Mate (Interstellar Brides: The Virgins #1) by Grace Goodwin

His Virgin Mate (Interstellar Brides: The Virgins Book 1) - Grace Goodwin

March 13, 2017
 eBook
 152
 ARC Review Copy

One look, one touch, and there is no denying the heat…

Twenty-one and single, Alexis Lopez hopes her lackluster response to men is a problem she’s eager to solve by volunteering for the Interstellar Brides Program. One look at the large, dominant alien who claims she belongs to him sets her body on fire. When he tells her, in explicit detail, how he’ll claim her in every way, she is eager to give her mate everything, body and soul.

Von of Everis is a ruthless and high ranking Hunter who’s spent years fighting in the Hive wars. But his bed, and his life, are empty until Alexis arrives. One look at his innocent little bride and he knows she belongs to him.

Simple, right? Nope. The match is challenged by one of the most feared warriors on the planet and stolen kisses and mind-numbing pleasure won’t save Von from a deadly duel. But Von is a Hunter, a warrior, a protector, and someone is trying to take what belongs to him. Only him. He will do whatever it takes to protect, save and claim his virgin mate.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

iBooks

GooglePlay

This is my first Grace Goodwin book. I felt like I was missing something at the beginning and when I took a look at a few other reviews they pointed out that this is a spin-off series from her Interstellar Brides: The Colony.

In this series the mates are virgins. For me I have a hard time with virgin heroines and so I had trouble connecting to Alexis. She’s 21, but at times I felt like she was 16-19; a teenager just from the mannerisms and things she says.

The opening starts us off in the Interstellar Brides Program testing center. The way this book starts had me lost, the author treats us to a sexual dream of a man Alexis has not meet yet. I was also a little lost on how the Bride’s program works until I got a little further along and a few things got explained. The Brides Program maybe is explained more in the first series. I just don’t know.

Something that bothered me was the chairs the women sit in for the testing. I felt it was odd that the facility straps the women down into chairs. Why do they strap them in? It felt to much like experimentation or a torture chair (yep, that’s what popped into my head) until it we got a little and I mean a little explanation on it.

Another thing that bothered me was once Alexis gets a match she didn’t ask many, if any questions. I would want to know about the alien planet, world, and get more information before I accept. Information is power.

I loved Von our sexy alien. Von of Everis is a Hunter which is a very prominent position on his plant. Hunters are protectors of the weak and keepers of peace and justice on their planet. Von is very alpha and dominate especially in the bedroom though he does make sure his mate is well satisfied. I enjoyed all the Hunter men that we meet even the one vying for Von’s mate. This rival brings a little conflict to the story.

As for the relationship I didn’t feel the lust move to love. They have only know each other for three days and on each day they do a different sexual act. Yes, the mate marks are their to instantly connect the couple, but I didn’t feel the change in the relationship. Maybe this has to do with me not connecting to Alexis.

I did enjoy the way they claim their mates. It’s new and interesting. The mating ritual consists of three things. What surprised me was anal came before pussy, which is very different from what you would think, especially with her and all the women being virgins. The sex scenes were well written, descriptive, and very steamy.

The secondary characters we meet where intriguing and I’m curious to find out, especially with the little teasers we got, what happens with their matches.

This is an enjoyable quick read introducing new cultures, planets, and brides.

Rated: 3 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Grace Goodwin via RockStar PR with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): New To Me (Author/Series) New Release (2017)

Once upon a time, a young girl was born into an average, working class family. The wee little girl, convinced she was not an average child but was, in fact, a fairy princess, longed to leave the mundane world behind and live her dreams. She grew up, went to school, and when shed grown too big to wear tutus and tiaras in public without drawing unwanted attention, turned to writing down her fantasies instead. Now a bit older, her fantasies have grown to include sexually dominant men who know how to ensure a woman’s pleasure. Grace believes all women should be treated like princesses, in the bedroom and out of it, and writes love stories where men know how to make their women feel pampered, protected, and very well taken care of. She currently lives in Oregon where she spends her days writing, and her nights in the arms of her very own Prince.

Website – Mailing List – Goodreads – Amazon – Facebook – Twitter

Brought to you by:
Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/03/arc-review-his-virgin-mate-interstellar-brides-the-virgins-1-by-grace-goodwin