Review: Vampire Most Wanted (Argeneau #20) by Lynsay Sands

February 18th 2014
 eBook/Paperback
 358
 Library

For Basha Argeneau, anything is better than facing her estranged family. Even hiding out in sweltering southern California. But when a sexy immortal in black shows up determined to bring her back to the clan, she'll do anything to keep far, far away from the past she can't outrun.

Marcus Notte isn't here to play games—especially not with someone as crazy as the infamous blonde. Asked by Lucian Argeneau to bring her back for questioning, Marcus is determined to carry out Lucian's request—no matter how the seductive little mind-reading vamp feels about it.

Basha doesn't mind fighting fire with fire, especially with a hot immortal involved. But if he wants to take her away, he'll have to catch her first . . .

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

I took a little break from the Argeneau series. The stories where all started to feel like the same thing. Nothing new and exciting. Don’t get me wrong. I very much enjoy the series and I own books 1 – 15 and have reread several of my favorites. I just needed a break.

What drew me to the Argeneau series is that the vampires are different from the typical vampires. They are genetically enhanced humans, so they are still human, just they have nanos running inside them that help keep them young and fit. The story on how they became to be is one that is retold in each book, so you can get the full picture on it.

The other thing that pulls me into each book is the humor. I love it. Also the stories are sweet, easy to read, and enjoyable. I also love that some of the previous characters come into the stories and help out the characters. It’s nice to always see previous characters.

~~~~~

In Vampire Most Wanted we have Marcus and Divine. As a couple neither of them stood out. They where ok. The novel didn’t have the constancy or chemistry I’ve previous read and come to enjoy from others in the series.

Divine was painfully naive. She’s been avoiding immortals for a reason. Why is she hiding? We find this out and more. I felt that she really should have talked to an immortal sooner and not hide like she did. She felt to much like a child instead of a 2,700+ year old immortal. Her past is traumatic, but how can she not question things. She knows the difference between right and wrong. She’s been helping humans out, so it was just disappointing that our heroine does all this for over 2,700+ years.

Marcus. He does show up in several of the previous novels, but their is nothing all that remarkable about him. He’s a good man who’s spent his life looking after and loving his family and when he’s no longer needing to be a protector, he agrees to help out Lucian.

This story does give us several major surprises and shocking revelations, but the closer on a certain story arc sadly didn’t come and that is one thing that bothered me. We don’t get closer on the bad guys. All of them. It’s a little sad they haven’t been found and dealt with. And, also at the end Divine is informed she will help in the search, which it should be that way, but the end was/is abrupt and their is no search, so this goes back to not getting closer on the bad guys.

I will say Vampire Most Wanted was an ok read. It wasn’t outstanding, didn’t have as much humor as I’m used to in the story, and we didn’t get that chemistry either, but still it was a delight to read.

Rated: 3 Stars

Challenge(s): Backlist Reader | Library Love | Pick Your Genre (PNR) (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/03/review-vampire-most-wanted-argeneau-20-by-lynsay-sands