Review: Reaper’s Fire (Reapers MC #6) by Joanna Wylde

August 9th 2016
 eBook/Paperback
 384
 Library

It’s time for more men and motorcycles in the latest from the New York Times bestselling author of Reaper’s Fall...

The club comes first.

I’ve lived by those words my whole life—assumed I’d die by them, too, and I never had a problem with that. My Reaper brothers took my back and I took theirs and it was enough. Then I met her. Tinker Garrett. She’s beautiful, she’s loyal, and she works so damned hard it scares me sometimes . . . She deserves a good man—one better than me. I can’t take her yet because the club still needs me. There’s another woman, another job, another fight just ahead.

Now she’ll learn I’ve been lying to her all along. None of it’s real. Not my name, not my job, not even the clothes I wear. She thinks I’m nice. She pretends we’re just friends, that I’ve still got a soul . . . Mine’s been dead for years. Now I’m on fire for this woman, and a man can only burn for so long before he destroys everything around him.

I’m coming for you, Tinker.

Soon.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

Reaper’s Fire is book six in the Reapers MC series by Joanna Wylde.

I’m not sure what has drawn me into this series. Maybe it’s the sexy covers or maybe it’s the hard core bicker men or maybe it’s the issues each couple go through or the passion that sets the sheets on fire. It’s probably all of it combined.

Falling in love was not on Gage’s agenda; especially when he’s undercover protecting his club, but he just can’t resist falling for his landlady, Tinker.

Tinker aww man her husband/ex-husband is an ass. I felt for her and what she went through. No one should have to go through what she did alone. Gage never expected to find a women that would make him think about settling. He loves his club, it’s his life, and he has and will do anything for them.

The sexual tension was strong between Gage and Tinker. When he finally tells her the truth and claims her as his property; well it’s intense. The chemistry was hot and steamy between them. Theirs also some drama in the town and Tinker’s best friend was great. She added the comic relief.

Their where a few things that bothered me:

– We don’t get closer on the bad guy and his sister.
– We don’t get closer on Tinkers husband/ex-husband.
– I thought that Tinker could have had a kid of her own. We have procreation options available to us. The end was nice, but with how powerful the opening was, I felt sad that she didn’t get to experience the joy of caring her own child.
– I wasn’t fully on board with what Gage felt he had to do for his club. I get it and think of it as undercover work an agent or cop would do, but eww.
– Also from the last book it’s mentioned that Gage got cut up and I was hoping we would get that scene in Reaper’s Fire, but we don’t. It’s the authors book, so they can add or not add stuff, but I was just hoping it would be in here, so I was just a little disappointed we didn’t get that scene.

Reaper’s Fire delivers action, suspense, and club business. It was a fun read.

Rated: 4 Stars

Challenge(s): Library Love | Pick Your Genre (Con) | Backlist Reader (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/03/review-reapers-fire-reapers-mc-6-by-joanna-wylde