Review: Too Hot to Touch (Breeds #17, #19, #23) by Lora Leigh

October 6th 2015
 eBook/Paperback
 320
 Library

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of Rule Breaker, Stygian’s Honor, and Lawe’s Justice presents three novellas from the “no-holds-barred”* world of the Breeds—collected here for the first time.

A Christmas Kiss
Jessica Raines would never willingly betray the people she believes in. But she did expose Breed secrets, and now someone wants her dead. Her protection is Wolf Breed Hawke Esteban—and he’s got the mating urge for a woman on the run.

Christmas Heat
Jaguar Breed Noble Chavin’s new role: bodyguard to Haley McQuire, a woman at risk after discovering a conspiracy against the Breed community. For Noble, being this close to Haley has brought out the mating heat, and she’s more than willing to stoke it.

Primal Kiss
Betrayed Kita Engalls, drawn into shady activities involving the Breeds, can trust only Lion Breed Creed Raines to help. But their mating passion reveals Kita’s fear that Creed may be guilty of the greatest betrayal of all.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

I enjoyed these three very hot and steamy Breed Novellas. I previously read them, but it was a long time ago. It was nice to re-read the novellas and experience the Breed magic again. I will say if you have not read the series you may not understand or find these novellas entertaining. Fan’s will enjoy. The series is very juicy, steamy, and sensual, so be prepared for hot sex.

Christmas Heat – Rated: 4 Stars

Originally featured in ‘The Magical Christmas Cat‘ anthology.

This one takes place near Sanctuary.

We have Haley a human librarian and Noble a breed. They have been friends, but both feel more for the other, yet they don’t show it. When Haley’s life is endangered Noble is going to protect her and confront his feelings.

It was a sweet, sexy, hot and entertaining Christmas Novella. I enjoyed watching these two finally come together after denying their feelings for eachother.

A Christmas Kiss – Rated: 4 Stars

Originally featured in ‘Hot for the Holidays‘ anthology.

This one takes place at Haven.

We have Jessica a human who betrayed the breeds, but not because she wanted too. Her father concocted a drug that forced her to do this and she didn’t know. She has lost so much.

Hawke a Breed and Jessica’s mate. He’s known for almost 2 years that he’s her mate, but he had to stay way to prove her innocence and to protect her from the mating heat. He knows if he can’t tell her soon that he will lose her for good.

This one was heartbreaking. I felt for Jessica and her loneliness and everything she lost. She’s drifting. Besides these two working out their issues, we have someone on the inside trying to destroy the Breeds.

It was sexy and hot. I enjoyed seeing this couple celebrate their first Christmas together and with the other Breeds at Haven.

Primal Kiss – Rated: 3.5 Stars

Originally featured in ‘Primal‘ anthology.

This one takes place at Sanctuary.

We have Kita a human and air to a pharmaceutical company that use to help the Council that hurt Breeds. Then we have Creed a wolf Breed who does covert undercover work. He’s been hired by Mr. Engall’s, Kita’s father, to protect his daughter.

Everyone wants Kita: the Breeds, the Council, and the Human groups all because they think they can get her father to give them information on the Breeds that has been hidden away. This story gives you information pertaining to the Phylip Brandenmore storyline. There’s much more going on then Kita or Creed know about.

It was a hot and sexy novella. Very quick and good to have a storyline wrapped up.

Challenge(s): Library Love | Backlist Reader | Pick Your Genre (PNR) (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/03/review-too-hot-to-touch-breeds-17-19-23-by-lora-leigh