Review: Must Love Hellhounds (Guild Hunter #0.5, Kate Daniels #3.5, & The Guardians #5.5) by Charlaine Harris, Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews & Meljean Brook

Must Love Hellhounds - Charlaine Harris, Ilona Andrews, Nalini Singh,  Meljean Brook

Review originally featured on Angel's Guilty Pleasures

September 1st 2009
 eBook/Paperback
 361
 Library

From New York Times bestselling authors Charlaine Harris and Nalini Singh and national bestselling authors Ilona Andrews and Meljean Brook, tales of man’s worst friend...

In these hound-eat-hound worlds, anything goes… and everything bites.

Follow paranormal bodyguards Clovache and Batanya into Lucifer’s realm, where they encounter his fearsome four-legged pets, in Charlaine Harris’s The Britlingens Go to Hell. Seek out a traitor in the midst of a guild of non-lethal vampire trackers, one that intends to eradicate the entire species of bloodsuckers, in Nalini Singh’s Angels’ Judgment. Find out why the giant three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hades has left the underworld for the real world—and whose scent he’s following—in Ilona Andrews’s Magic Mourns. Embark on a perilous search for the kidnapped niece of a powerful vampire alongside her blind—and damn sexy—companion and a hellhound in Meljean Brook’s Blind Spot.

These four novellas by today’s hottest paranormal authors will have hellhound lovers everywhere howling.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

Must Love Hellhounds was interesting and each novella featured a hellhound in someway. I have previously read Angel’s Judgement in Angels’ Flight and I re-read Magic Mourns. The Britlingens Go to Hell and Blind Spot where new novellas for me.

I like to pick up these type of books from the library. They give you a chance to try new authors and find new series to read. I enjoyed this anthology.

The Britlingens Go to Hell by Charlaine Harris – Rated: 3 Stars

I enjoyed this story, but I felt like I was missing something. I don’t think The Britlingens Go to Hell is part of a series and I felt like it needed to be. It was a little weird; especially since we don’t get enough backstory or world building. Their is a lot of action and no romance or sex in this novella. As for the hellhounds they play a minor role. I enjoyed them, but wish they played a bigger role and helped the little group in other ways.

Over all The Britlingens Go to Hell was enjoyable to read.

Angels’ Judgement (Guild Hunter #0.5) by Nalini Singh – Rated: 5 Stars

** Read as part of Angels’ Flight

This one we get Sara Haziz’s story. She is a human-born Guild Hunter who later becomes the Guild Director for America. Before she becomes the Director she is sent on a mission and tested by the Archangel’s – The Cadre. But, she’s not alone. Yummy, Deacon is at her side. He’s their to offer protection and to help Sarah on her mission.

It’s action-packed and gritty. I loved every moment of it. They are hunting one of their own, a Guild Hunter who may or may not have gone off the deep end. Sarah uses her mind along with her crossbow to her advantage. Deacon was amazing. He does his job well, but he can also be light and funny. The chemistry was off the charts with these two and those love scenes, steamy.

Angels’ Judgement was a treat. It was wonderful to see Sarah and Deacon become lovers. This novella was perfect. Their is action, danger, blood, and romance.

Magic Mourns (Kate Daniels #3.5) by Ilona Andrews – Rated: 5 Stars

** Previously read as a single title

I re-read Magic Mourns. I just LOVE the Kate Daniels series.

Magic Mourns can be read as a standalone title or part of the series. The Andrews team does a fabulous job giving you all the pertinent information about the world that you need to enjoy this novella.

Andrea Nash, works for the Order of Knights of Merciful Aid and she’s also a Beastkin, but that’s a secret only a few know about. She’s a kick-ass women who loves her guns. I love Andrea. She is such a wonderful character and a great friend to Kate Daniels.

Raphael is a werehyena and bouda to the hyena clan. He’s been trying for 6 months to get Andrea to give him a try.

We are treated to Andra’s POV. Where this novella starts Andrea is filling in for Kate who’s on medical leave. A call comes in about a big dog chasing a shapeshifter and so she goes out to investigate. What she finds is Raphael being chased by “the coolest thing ever, a twenty foot tall three headed dog.”

It’s was nice to see Andrea loosen up a bit. It was also nice to see Raphael not give up and wear her down. These two have such a fun flirtatious banter between them in this novella and their romance explodes once they give into their desires and decide it’s ok to give a relationship a try.

This story is full of action, world building, mystery, mythology, and exciting characters. The world they live in is an uncertain one and Magic comes and goes as it pleases.

Magic Mourns is a fabulous read.

Blind Spot (The Guardians #5.5) by Meljean Brook – Rated: 4 Stars

I’ve only read one other novella in this series and have yet to try out The Guardians series.

Blind Spot features Maggie as she tracks Colin’s, (her employer), kidnapped niece and retrieves Blake, Colin’s nephew. I found Blake aka Geoff interesting. He’s blind, but with a special ability. Maggie is pretty kick-ass. These two ended up working together and in the process start to develop a more then working relationship.

The hellhound, Sir Pup, was a great addition. He doesn’t talk, but you can tell by his actions he understands whats going on and has a sense of humor. I found him to be enjoyable.

The world is interesting and has peeked my interesting in checking out the series. Blind Spot was an enjoyable novella.

Challenge(s): Library Love | Pick Your Genre (UF/PNR) | Backlist Reader (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/02/review-must-love-hellhounds-guild-hunter-0-5-kate-daniels-3-5-the-guardians-5-5-by-charlaine-harris-nalini-singh-ilona-andrews-meljean-brook