Review: An Angel’s Torment (Eternally Mated #0.5) by Valerie Twombly

April 23rd 2016
 eBook
 Bought

Prequel to Fall Into Darkness:

When an angel falls in love it happens hard and fast.

Archangel Tegan is an elite soldier who has lived centuries bound by duty and honor, so when he is chosen to procreate with a human, he never thinks to question his orders. Once he realizes the depths of his emotions for the fair-haired beauty who carries his child, he attempts to claim Ana as his own. It is only then he discovers just how forbidden a relationship with her really is and the lengths his commanders will go to stop it.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

** Free title

Tragic, Sad, & Heartbreaking

An Angel’s Torment is the prequel to Eternally Mated series. This story focuses on Tegan and Ana the human he falls in love with. It’s their meeting, courtship, and what comes next. It’s not a happy story. No HEA.

It doesn’t need to be read; before starting the Eternally Mated series.

I read the Eternally Mated books; before reading the prequel. In the books and this short story it explains that only male Angel’s are born, so the Tribunal decreed a long time ago that it would be best for certain Angel’s to impregnate a human woman and then walk away. The women do have a choice in this. Why is this done? Because the human will only birth a female who one day can mate with an Angel. This little tidbit in the world makes me uncomfortable. I never liked it. It feels wrong. I get it, but it has always made me uneasy.

Back to An Angel’s Torment. The writing is well done. Their was an interesting appearance and a very nice love scene. Tegan loves Ana, but deep down he knows they won’t get their happy ever after and what they do get are a few months of happiness and love. It’s a sad story.

I felt that this short story was not necessary unless the author is planning on giving Tegan an HEA. It’s just too sad and heartbreaking.

Rated: 2 Stars

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/02/review-an-angels-torment-eternally-mated-0-5-by-valerie-twombly