Review: Archangel’s Heart (Guild Hunter #9) by Nalini Singh

November 1st 2016
 eBook/Paperback
 383
 Library

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh takes us into a dangerous and exhilarating world where a deadly, beautiful archangel and his once-mortal consort are caught in a fury of twisted darkness…

One of the most vicious archangels in the world has disappeared. No one knows if Lijuan is dead or has chosen to Sleep the long sleep of an immortal. But with her lands falling into chaos under a rising tide of vampiric bloodlust, a mysterious and ancient order of angels known as the Luminata calls the entire Cadre together to discuss the fate of her territory.

Accompanying her archangelic lover Raphael to the Luminata compound, guild hunter-turned-angel Elena senses that all is not as it seems. Secrets echo from within the stone walls of the compound, and the deeper Elena goes, the uglier the darkness. But neither Raphael nor Elena is ready for the brutal truths hidden within—truths that will change everything Elena thinks she knows about who she is…

Nothing will ever be the same again.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Book Depository

Archangel’s Heart starts us off two years after Archangel’s Enigma ended. It’s full of secrets and mysteries. The storyline focusing on Elena and Raphael, but their is no shortage of previous and new characters. Be prepared for surprises by certain Archangels and watch our favorite hunter do what she does best!

WOW. The storyline takes a turn that I was not expecting. We get to meet a new sect, the Luminata. See all the Cadre and go deeper with them. Discover about Elena’s heritage and also get to see and dig a little deeper into Aodhan aka Sparkle one of Raphael’s Seven. Aodhan doesn’t like to be touched, but in this installment we see changes and growth, which made my heart sing.

This was Urban Fantasy at it’s finest. So much AWESOMENESS happens. I was sucked in and couldn’t put the book down. I went through a menagerie of emotions and had tears at the end. That ending, just WOW. I’m not sure what is next, but I’m excited to see what will happen.

Rated: 4.5 Stars

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (UF/PNR) | Backlist Reader | Library Love (2017)

If any of Angel’s Guilty Pleasures Reviews has been helpful please stop by to like my post on Goodreads or leave a comment to let me know what you think. I love hearing from followers!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/02/review-archangels-heart-guild-hunter-9-by-nalini-singh/#comment-92348