Innkeeper Chronicles #3
Urban Fantasy - Paranormal Romance
December 20th 2016
Gertrude Hunt, the nicest Bed and Breakfast in Red Deer, Texas, is glad to have you. We cater to particular kind of guests, the ones most people don’t know about. The older lady sipping her Mello Yello is called Caldenia, although she prefers Your Grace. She has a sizable bounty on her head, so if you hear kinetic or laser fire, try not to stand close to the target. Our chef is a Quillonian. The claws are a little unsettling, but he is a consummate professional and truly is the best chef in the Galaxy. If you see a dark shadow in the orchard late at night, don’t worry. Someone is patrolling the grounds. Do beware of our dog.
Your safety and comfort is our first priority. The inn and your host, Dina Demille, will defend you at all costs. We ask only that you mind other guests and conduct yourself in a polite manner.
This series is a MUST READ and one that must be read in order. Everything builds from book to book and it only gets better.
I waited to read this when the paperback version came out. I like the pictures illustrated in the paperbacks and of course I prefer to read a story in it’s entirety instead of bit by bit. The author published parts on their website, but for me it’s not the same as getting it all in one sitting, holding that paperback.
WOW. I read this in one day. Couldn’t put it down. I loved everything about this installment. Going deeper into Dina’s family, seeing her relationship grow with Sean, revisiting characters and introducing new ones. Just Fabulous!! I can’t wait for the next installment.
– The relationship between Dina and Sean. Their relationship has been a slow build. I like how this relationship has developed over the books. It was fabulous seeing Dina come to understand her feelings for Sean, her wolf, and how it all came into focus. I liked the conversations they had and that they hashed out things. To finally see these two get together and move their relationship into the physical one, was sweet and well worth the wait.
– We are introduced to Diana’s sister, Maud and her niece, Helen. I love seeing kids. They add something special to the books and here there’s magic afoot. It’s hard not to fall for Helen and of course her mother Maud is one badass women. What she’s been through and how she survived. Power to her. I’m curious and LOVE that a romantic relationship might be developing between Maud and Arland.
– Arland, I never saw him for Dina and didn’t like the little triangle thing in book one, but here Arland was fabulous. He melted my heart with how sweet he was to Helen and his run ins with Maud where great. I really want to see more Maud, Helen, and Arland. Maybe they will get their own book. Who knows?
– The concept and storyline for the Hiru was wonderful done. And, Officer Marais, things finally comes to a head. There were many more events and things that made this such an outstanding read.
– There were emotional parts that made my heart melt and clench. Their were hilarious scenes like the fart gun, which I laughed so hard reading. Then we get so many hints and tidbits that were amazing morsel to digest. Like the tidbit on Klaus (Dina’s Brother), her father and mother, and of another big bad that might be on the horizon that Dina maybe confronting.
There was just so much to love in One Fell Sweep. I don’t know how the Andrews team keeps coming up with new, unique, and astonishing things, but they do. I’m in awe. Really if you haven’t started the Innkeeper Chronicles or any works by Ilona Andrews you are sorely missing out.
One Fell Sweep is a phenomenal Urban Fantasy adventure.
Rated: 5 Stars
Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads (Angela)!
If any of Angel’s Guilty Pleasures Reviews has been helpful please stop by to like my post on Goodreads or leave a comment to let me know what you think. I love hearing from followers!
Thank you so much for stopping by!