Interview: Tory Richards (No Mercy)

Today I’m happy to introduce Tory Richards author of No Mercy that just released on Dec. 30th, 2016. Tory, thank you for visiting Angel’s Guilty Pleasures and speaking with me today.

Thank you so much for letting me spend the day with you and your readers.

For those readers not familiar with you, would you please share a little about yourself?

Well, I’m a daughter, sister, mother, aunt, grandma, and smut writer. I love all things breathing, we’re talking mostly animals because honestly, there are some people I could do without. I’m a happy, over developed, sixty-one year old who discovered my passion for writing at the age of ten. I was born in Maine but have lived most of my life in Florida. I retired from Disney to spend more time with my daughter and her family,where I live, to travel and write. I’m a Syfy junkie and addicted to, yes I’m not afraid to admit it, The Walking Dead.

How did you choose the genre you write in?

I guess you could say it chose me. When I was younger I was hooked on reading historical romances but when I write it’s contemporary in the way of erotic and suspense. They say write what you know, and since I hated doing research that’s what I did. Contemporary romance has so many sub-genres that I don’t feel I’m restricting myself to just one.

Was there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way wither growing up or as an adult?

Oh, yeah! Kathleen E. WoodiwissRosemary Rogers and Barbara Cartland were my favorite authors and The Wolf and the Dove is my all time favorite book.

What are some books you have enjoyed recently?

I read mostly biker books since that’s what I’ve been writing lately. Some of the most recent titles I’ve read and enjoyed are: Living Without, Falling for Crazy, Striker, and Joker’s Wrath Motorcycle Club.

No Mercy

Can you tell us a little about your book?

If you read Phantom Riders MC-Hawk, then you’ve already met Rock. He’s the club VP. Both are stand alone books so don’t worry about cliffhangers. Rock had a woman years before, she got pregnant and ran away after they had a fight. The gist of No Mercy is his finding her and his son, the challenges they face within the club and with rival clubs, and accepting that they never actually stopped loving one another.

How did you come up with the concept and the characters for this story?

I wasn’t even thinking about writing a second story connected to Phantom Riders except that a few readers asked me about Rock and indicated they wish I’d written more about him. The concept and characters came easy after that. The base for the story-line was already there.

What was your favorite scene to write in No Mercy and why?

The hospital scene with Rock and Allie. It’s very touching, Rock reveals raw emotions that reinforce his strong love for her. Though he’s tough and alpha most of the time her being there brings him to his knees.

If you could have given your characters one piece of advice before the opening pages of their book, what would it be and why?

Be patient and trust the ones who love you. Her running away was a huge mistake in the beginning, done out of spite which I blamed on her age.

If you could spend a day with one of your characters from No Mercy, who would it be and what would you do?

Is this a trick question? Of course it would be with Rock! He’s hot! I can’t tell you what we’d do, though. Let’s just say that I might be 61 but I’m not dead! lol

Last, What is next for you?

I’m about ten chapters into Dark Souls MC. The MC members are all ex-military, led by my hero, Tanner. The heroine, Ruby, is a woman who doesn’t stay in one place for too long. She’s hired to be a sort of companion/helper for Tanner’s elderly dad. Add a little club rivalry and her weird step-brother stalker and we have a story!

Tory, it was a pleasure having you visit. Thank you again for taking the time to chat with me today!

It was my pleasure! I’ve really enjoyed answering these questions.

Club trouble won’t keep Rock from bringing his son and Allie home.

Rock
He’s the VP of Phantom Riders MC. Dangerous. Unpredictable. Ruthless. A killer who’ll stop at nothing to keep what’s his. And he wants Allie and their son.

Allie
She’d given Rock her virginity, and then ran away when she got pregnant. Seven years later he shows up at her door, demanding his son, and claiming her.

Amazon

Phantom Riders MC – Hawk

Wild Marauders MC: Lynch

Dark Menace MC: Stone

Tory Richards Social Media:
Website – Amazon Author Page – Goodreads – Facebook – Twitter

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/01/interview-tory-richards-no-mercy