Review: A Magical Shift (Weres and Witches of Silver Lake #1) by Vella Day (DNF)

A Magical Shift - Vella Day

February 19th 2016
 eBook
 220
 Free

Her powerful presence brings him to his knees.
His animalistic ruggedness has her panting for more.

Always forced to keep her powers and identity under wraps, Isadora Berta dreams of a normal life. After encountering the sexy and mysterious Ryerson McKinnon, the up-and-coming Alpha wolf, she realizes her life was never destined for normalcy. With their desire for one another intensifying and the passion between them igniting, Ryerson tries to keep his amped up libido in check.

Easier said than done...

When Izzy's life is threatened, Ryerson vows to protect her, sending their mating ritual into another realm of pleasure and mystique. But can Izzy find real safety when love as magical as theirs can render her powerless?

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

MyReview03-angelsgp

A Magical Shift is book one in the Weres and Witches of Silver Lake by Vella Day.

I picked this up for free through the retailer. There were some interesting things going on with a stocker and then things happening in town that weren’t normal.

Unfortunately, the story and characters weren’t pulling me in. I really tried to read this, but kept setting it aside to read something else. My main issue was I wasn’t connecting with the characters. I didn’t feel the attraction or romance between our leads. The words were there, but the feelings weren’t coming through to me.

I eventually just said that’s enough and DNF’d this title at 28%.

Even though A Magical Shift wasn’t the book for me I urge you to give it a shot, especially if the blurb intrigues you. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

Challenge(s): New To Me (Author/Series) Pick Your Genre (Paranormal) (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/12/review-a-magical-shift-weres-and-witches-of-silver-lake-1-by-vella-day-dnf