ARC Review: Drakon’s Promise (Blood of the Drakon #1) by N.J. Walters

December 5th 2016
 eBook/Paperback
 293
 NetGalley

Darius Varkas is a drakon. He's neither human nor dragon.

He's both.

He's also the target of an ancient order who want to capture all drakons for their blood. When fresh, a drakon's blood can cure any illness and prolong a human's life, and the Knights will stop at nothing to get it.

When librarian Sarah Anderson stumbles across a rare book belonging to the Knights of the Dragon, she's quickly thrust into a dangerous world of secrets and shifters and things she never would have believed possible. When the Knights realize Sarah has a secret of her own, she becomes just as much a target as Darius. Her scary dragon shifter just might be her best chance at survival.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

iBooks

Drakon’s Promise is book one in the Blood of the Drakon series by N.J. Walters. This brand new series brings together a unique set of characters, suspense, mystery, and romance.

It’s a great start with lots of interesting plot twists, turns, and action. We get a good amount of world building and explaining on who The Knights of the Dragon. I liked the setup and premise of the story. The plot was thrilling and full of mystery. We are kept on our toes.

Sarah captivated me from the start. I really liked her. She’s brave and honorable while wanting to stand on her own two feet. I also liked that she’s a librarian with a unique skill set. Darius is sexy, charming, and a gentlemen. He is also a drakon.

Though Sarah and Darius have feelings for each other they aren’t “insta” and they both go through some concerns as to why they are attracted to each other. These two go on a wild ride and through it their connection and chemistry grow as does the danger. As for their romance I didn’t fully feel the connection between them, but they were still enjoyable characters to read about.

The only two issues with me and they are minor detail oriented. Sarah mentions coffee a lot and drinks way too much coffee. Their was such a big emphasis on coffee. Don’t they drink other hot beverages, like tea and cocoa. And, the second thing was Sarah sits down to do some research and put feelers out, but Sarah never got back online to see if anyone had replayed. The characters in this scene just move onto the brothers idea. Why put this in the story if you aren’t going to explore it? It felt like filler material.

Drakon’s Promise had a lot to savor. I liked the idea of the Drakons and the Knights. I liked the world building and characters introduced. I very much enjoyed learning a little about Darius brothers and look forward to each of their stories. We get an intriguing set up for the next installment in the Blood of the Drakon series that really has my interest peaked.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Entangled Publishing, LLC via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): New To You (Series) Pick Your Genre (Paranormal) (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/12/arc-review-drakons-promise-blood-of-the-drakon-1-by-n-j-walters