Early ARC Review: Breath of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles #2) by Amanda Bouchet

January 3rd 2017
 eBook/Paperback
 448
 NetGalley

SHE'S DESTINED TO DESTROY THE WORLD...

"Cat" Catalia Fisa has been running from her destiny since she could crawl. But now, her newfound loved ones are caught between the shadow of Cat's tortured past and the threat of her world-shattering future. So what's a girl to do when she knows it's her fate to be the harbinger of doom? Everything in her power.

BUT NOT IF SHE CAN HELP IT

Griffin knows Cat is destined to change the world-for the better. As the realms are descending into all-out war, Cat and Griffin must embrace their fate together. Gods willing, they will emerge side-by-side in the heart of their future kingdom...or not at all.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

MyReview03-angelsgp

Breath of Fire is book two in the Kingmaker Chronicles and it starts right where Promise of Fire ends.

I did a re-read of A Promise of Fire; before picking this one up. I wanted to be fresh on all the events and also I just loved book one so much that I felt it was time to revisit it.

The beginning was my only issue with this book. I have to say, WOW, I was not expecting that start to a Breath of Fire. I was very shocked and disappointed in Griffin. He knows her past. The abuse both physical and mental, so for him to act that way, was just sad and shocking. I felt for Cat. She didn’t know what was going on, has no experience or good role models on relationships, so it was just heartbreaking. Once that boom and issue got resolved, thankfully it was fast, things moved fast and I do mean fast.

I will say their is a lot more sex and thinking of sex in this book. It felt a bit overwhelming at times and I was wondering if the story was going to get lost in their, but things pick up and we are through back into the gang, now the Alpha Team, to head off to the Iceplains to secure magical creatures to protect Sinta’s boarder, but before that we go on a quest from the Gods and many many things are reveled about several of the Alpha Team members. We also know that war is coming, so to stop this Cat must take up the mantle she has been avoiding, her destiny.

The story, characters, and world are magical. I like the mythology woven in and how the stakes continue to rack up. Cat, Griffin, and Company must face their destinies and their futures. They will have to make tough decisions and take risks that will change them all. The biggest battle is yet to come.

This was another action-packed adventure. So much happens, so much is reveled, new allies, and much much more. I don’t want to spoil it, because really this Fantasy Romance needs to be read. You will not be disappointed.

Rated: 4 Fire Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Sourcebooks Casablanca via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/12/arc-review-breath-of-fire-kingmaker-chronicles-2-by-amanda-bouchet