Release Day ARC Review: Moonshadow (Moonshadow #1) by Thea Harrison

December 13th 2016
 eBook/Paperback
 335
 ARC Review Copy

Her past is a blank, her future uncertain….

Recovering from a shooting, LAPD witch consultant Sophie Ross leaves her job and travels to the U.K. to search for answers about her childhood. When she encounters a Daoine Sidhe knight of the Dark Court, she becomes entangled in an ancient hatred between two arcane forces.

He has given his body and soul to fight for his people….

Barred from his homeland along with his surviving brother knights, Nikolas Sevigny is embroiled in a conflict that threatens everything he holds dear. Only by uniting his people’s resources can they hope to prevail against Isabeau, the deadly Queen of the Light Court. He will do anything and use anyone to return home to Lyonesse.

When Nikolas encounters Sophie, he sees a tool to be used. The insouciant witch might be the key to unlocking every passageway that has been barred to the knights of the Dark Court, even as a fascination for her takes root in what’s left of his soul.

Sophie has no intention of becoming anyone’s pawn, yet the fierce Nikolas is so compelling, she can’t deny the temptation that endangers her guarded heart.

As magic threatens Lyonesse, Queen Isabeau unleashes her merciless Hounds, and Nikolas and Sophie become embroiled in a race for survival. Meanwhile, the passion that ignites between them burns too hot to be denied and quickly turns into obsession.

Thank goodness they both know better than to fall in love…

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

What a fabulous debut into a new spin off series from Author Thea Harrison.

WOW!! This spin off series is a must read. I love the Elder Races books, but here we up our game. We go from the US to the UK and dig deeper into the Light and Dark Fae courts. You don’t have to have read the Elder Races series to enjoy this passionate adventure. It’s a whole new experience.

Moonshadow is intense, action-packed, and full of memorable and magnificent characters. It’s suspenseful, powerful, and cruel. The story moves quickly, sucks you in, and is well balanced with the right amount of humor, passion, and love. I couldn’t put the book down.

Nikolas and Sophie dominate the story, but we are introduces to a extraordinary cast of characters that I’m looking forward to revisiting. What got me hooked and going was the powerful vision Sophie has of a powerful mysterious paranormal man at the start.

I enjoyed how the author gives you little tidbits about Sophie here and their throughout the story. I also liked how Sophie and Nikolas butted heads. They have this connection that works, even with all the head butting, and once they give in, oh boy, do the sparks fly.

I am in love with this new series where we move to the English countryside, dive into new characters, and a whole new world. Moonshadow was an unforgettable adventure and a delightful read. I can’t wait for the next installment. This is Thea Harrison at her best; fans will be pleased and new ones will be made.

Rated: 5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Thea Harrison with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): New To You (Series) | Pick Your Genre (Paranormal/Urban Fantasy) (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/12/release-day-arc-review-moonshadow-moonshadow-1-by-thea-harrison