Review: Cold Mark (Mark #1) by Scarlett Dawn

Sex: Female
Age: 18
Designation: Slave
Temperament: Hostile

Thrown head first into a barbaric world she knows nothing of, Braita Valorn must adapt to the dark life as a slave. Her survival hinges on it. With her freedom stolen, her existence is now controlled by the possessive Plumas of the West. But what they cannot control are her feelings and the other set of men who want her—and who are willing to use every trick they know to obtain her from their enemies. Only Braita never expected to fall for these two Pluma leaders of the East.

Braita is a fighter. She demands her freedom most of all. And this slave is willing to use her own tricks to get what she wants. Including her men...

Goodreads

Amazon

MyReview03-angelsgp

Cold Mark is book one in the Mark series by Scarlett Dawn.

I was looking for a sexy alien romance and what I got was one Hot Mess!! I’m not even sure what kept me engrossed and reading it until the end.

Our heroine Brita is 18, thrown into a barbaric world, with no real freedom, and her existence depends on the men of Triaz.

OMG I hate teenagers. The main reasons I dislike them and especially reading about them is that they make stupid decisions, don’t think, and have zero life experience. So, Brita had zero motivation for her actions and all of her actions where stupid.

Then we have a love triangle with two sets of two’s… Uhh, one set is her Soul and the other well I just didn’t know what they where, until the end. Are you confused? I am! To me I thought that Soul meant soul mates, but here it’s different, so I was confused and never truly grabbed the concept of what a Soul is. I was like whats the point, if she doesn’t end up with her Soul (mates).

The intimacy was clean, very little, not erotic, and no true menage.

Cold Mark was just one confusing hot mess. This book was not for me. If the blurb intrigues you, I urge you to give it a shot. Just because it did not work for me does not mean it won’t for you.

Rated: 2 Stars

Challenge: New To You (Author/Series) (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/11/review-cold-mark-mark-1-by-scarlett-dawn