Review: Blood Magic (DarkWorld: Soul Tracker #1) by T.G. Ayer {Tour}

May 22nd 2014
 eBook/Paperback
 220
 Review Copy

In the DarkWorld the things that go bump in the night are most likely true. And the problem is they are probably not sticking to bumping around in the night. They are everywhere. Your work colleagues, your teachers, even your friends. They've been living that way for a long time. And you haven’t noticed because they don’t want you to.
You’re much better off not asking any questions.

Mel Morgan is a Master Teleporter. She can move through the Veil into the otherworldly planes. A handy skill when looking for missing people. It’s a lonely job, but with her gargoyle partner she’s never minded lonely.

Until a certain super-hot Djinn walks into her life. He needs her help to find someone he loves. And Mel can never say no to someone in need. But the road to helping Saleem is fraught with secrets better left uncovered.

Can Mel and Saleem dodge demons and sorcerers long enough to save the ones they love?

Other Books in the DarkWorld

Demon Kin

Goodreads

Amazon

MyReview03-angelsgp

Blood Magic is an exhilarating introduction into the DarkWorld: Should Tracker series by T.G. Ayer. It grabs you from the get go. It’s an action-packed fast-paced mystery that keeps you on your toes. I couldn’t put it down.

I throughly liked the idea, mystery, and scenarios that played out in this story along with the supernatural twists.

Mel, I liked. Her character was easy to connect to. She’s enjoyable, appealing, can get out of most situations, magical, capable, and has some great friends plus a background that is just beginning to be told. She is strongly dedicated to what she does and won’t give up on those she made promises too. She puts everyone before herself and her abilities are unique and rare. Those abilities that she has where very intriguing. It just added to Mel’s uniqueness.

The secondary characters where captivating. I really enjoyed her little gang she has and the love interest that shows up. It was fascinating to find out what and who this love interest is. Though we have a love interest and these awesome friends, our main focus is on solving the mystery and rescuing a little girl.

We do get a few questions answered, yet more questions come up. The ending left me wanting the next book now, so I could dig deeper into the mystery that is left open and those questions still unanswered.

A few things did bother me. Her abilities or at least one was to be a secret, yet I felt everyone knew about it. I also felt like to many things where left open. To many questions at the end.

Blood Magic is a riveting urban fantasy full of mystery that keeps you guessing. I had a delightful time reading and can’t wait to get my hands on book two and find out what happens next.

Rated: 4 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by T.G. Ayer with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads Amazon (Angela)!

Challenge(s): New To You (Author/Series) | Pick Your Genre (Urban Fantasy/Paranormal) (2016)

MeetTheAuthor-Banner00-angelsgp

t-g-ayer-author-picsTee is the author of over 25 Contemporary Fantasy, Thriller & Paranormal novels

Tee’s Valkyrie Series is a Norse Mythology based Young Adult Contemporary Fantasy

Her Hand of Kali Series is a diverse YA Contemporary Fantasy using Indian Mythology as a setting

Tee’s DarkWorld contains two current series:
* The SkinWalker Series, a NA Shifter & Magic Urban Fantasy with a black panther, reluctant alpha tracker who will keep you on your toes.
* The SoulTracker Series, a NA Contemporary Fantasy with a teleporting, astral-projecting kick-ass main character.
Upcoming in the world are:
* The MetalSinger (Tara), * The DeathTalker (Nerina) & * The Stolen Queen of Dracys

Tee also has an Angels & Demons Urban Fantasy series, the Chronicles of the Irin, and if you like strong female leads with wings, and a dreadlocked albino demon side-kick, Evie’s story is for you.

Tee also writes Romantic Suspense and Psychological Horror as Toni Vallan. Click on Thrillers on Tee’s website to find out more.

And because Tee hardly ever sleeps and loves making stuff up, look out for more books, coming soon.

Brought to you by:

Wickedly Innocent Promotions

FacebookTwitterGoogle+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/11/review-blood-magic-darkworld-soul-tracker-1-by-t-g-ayer-tour