Review: Archangel’s Legion (Guild Hunter #6) by Nalini Singh

October 29th 2013
 eBook/Paperback
 384
 Library

Nalini Singh, the New York Times bestselling “alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist) returns to an immortal world of violent passion and lethal power…on the brink of a deadly archangelic war.

Angels are falling from the sky in New York, struck down by a vicious, unknown force.

Vampires are dying impossibly of disease.

Guild hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raphael must discover the source of the wave of death before it engulfs their city and their people, leaving New York a ruin and Raphael’s Tower under siege by enemy archangels.

Yet even as they fight desperately to save the city, an even darker force is stirring, its chill eyes trained on New York…and on Raphael. Rivers of crimson and nightmares given flesh, the world will never again be the same…

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

MyReview03-angelsgp

I enjoy Nalini Singh’s writing and world’s she creates. I have to say I’m not falling in love with the Guild Hunter series like I did with her Psy-Changeling. Not sure why!! I am still very much enjoying theis series, but it’s not as die hard must read and own the books as I am with the Psy-Changeling.

Archangel’s Legion is book six in the Guild Hunter series. It returns us to our main and first couple Elena and Raphael. We get to see how their relationship is developing and the changes that are happening physically, emotionally, and in the world.

Elena is young, very young for an Angel and the first that the Angels know of that is a Made Angel. She is Consort to Raphael and a Guild Hunter. We go a little deeper into her psyche and the trauma that her father Jeffery instilled in her and get see how this affects her. We also see her taking on more responsibility – that many did not think or feel she would take on yet. She learns new things about being a Consort and starts to realizing that her life is just as dangers, if not more now, then it every was. Last she is coming to understand her place next to Raphael and in the world. Their is still much more for both of them to learn.

As for Raphael he undergoes very few changes in this installment.

We get to revisit with Raphael’s Seven and learn more about them, especially Aodhan. I really liked the inside look into Aodhan and can’t wait for his story. Archangel’s Legion had a nice mix of old and new characters. Their is lots of action, adventure, new alliances made, and a war coming. Things are changing and some big surprises are introduced to the reader, especially at the end.

The only thing that I didn’t care for was all the sex. I don’t mind reading about sex in romance books, but I felt it was too much. Almost every chapter had Elena and Raphael getting it on or ending with them in bed.

Archangel’s Legion was a satisfying read. It tackles Elena and Raphael’s greatest fears and shows how the characters are developing. The pace is quick, the action is relentless, and it prepares us for change in the world.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (Paranormal/Urban Fantasy) (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/11/review-archangels-legion-guild-hunter-6-by-nalini-singh