ARC Review: The Bear Who Loved Me (Grizzlies Gone Wild #1) by Kathy Lyons

September 6th 2016
 eBook
 304
 NetGalley

WHEN AN ALPHA MEETS HIS MATCH . . .

Between singlehandedly running her bakery and raising her teenaged nephew, Becca Weitz thought she had a decent grip on "normal." Then her nephew vanishes, and life as she's known it changes forever. Local legends are true: bear shifters exist . . . and her nephew is part of their clan. As is Carl Carman, the sexy, larger-than-life man who has sworn to find her nephew-and the other young shifters who've gone missing.

As the leader of his clan, Carl is surrounded by enemies. He's learned the hard way that keeping a firm leash on his inner beast is key to survival, though his feelings for Becca test his legendary control. Then danger stalks too close, and Carl realizes he must unleash the raging, primal force within to protect everything he holds dear. But can Becca trust his grizzly side with her life-and her heart?

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

MyReview03-angelsgp

The Bear Who Loved Me is book one in the Grizzlies Gone Wild series by Kathy Lyons. It’s full of action, suspense, mystery, and romance.

Becca is a human, a backer, a aunt and now mother to her sisters son. She is a strong women who has put everyone before herself. She does what needs to be done to take care of her family. I felt for her and all the struggles she went through; it made her that much more real. When she learns about shifters and her nephew, well she can’t quit believe. I liked how she digested the information thrown at her. She went through a few different reactions, but eventually took it all in. No hysterics!

Carl is a bear shifter, the Alpha to his clan, and protector. I liked him. He is trying to change how things are run and ruled. To think and not just kill. To balance both.

Becca and Carl I liked from the beginning. Their back and forth was playful and funny. When the situation calls for seriousness they are focused. The love is intense and sweet. I enjoyed learning about this world. I liked how man and bear are two separate entities yet living in the same body and so they must find balance. The secondary characters where also fun and just added to the story. We are taken on an adventure full of mystery, suspense, and romance.

The Bear Who Loved Me was one of those books that once you pick it up, you aren’t going to set it down. I can’t wait to read more in this series.

Rated: 4 Bear Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Forever via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on Goodreads & Amazon (Angela)!

Challenge: Pick Your Genre (Paranormal) (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/11/arc-review-the-bear-who-loved-me-grizzlies-gone-wild-1-by-kathy-lyons