Delectable Delights – Honey and Ginger Glazed Chicken

Over on herding cats and burning soup Anna does Tasty Delights and Dazzling Disasters where she shares about playing in the kitchen and having some fun.

I thought I would do something similar and share my kitchen creations with you!

I’m not much of a kitchen person and never liked to cook. I hated how much time it takes to prep, cook, and go shopping for all the ingredients. All that time I could be reading! Thank goodness for HelloFresh and other delivery services ^_^.

Today I’m sharing with you one of my HelloFresh orders:
Honey and Ginger Glazed Chicken with Snap Peas and Jasmine Rice

Cook the rice: Bring 1 cup water and a pinch of salt to boil. Once boiling, add the rice. Cover and reduce to low simmer 15-20min.

Prep: Wash and Dry all produce. Cut lime into wedges. Peel the ginger, then mince need 2T. Mince or grate garlic (I mince). Trim ends of snap peas or you can buy packaged peas that are all ready to go.

Cook the chicken: Season with salt & pepper both sides of chicken. Heat oil in large pan over Med-High. Cook 4-5min per side, until browned and cooked through (my chicken always needs longer, so I turn every 3 to 4 min, until cooked). Remove/Set Aside and wipe any black bits from pan.

Make the glaze: Heat oil in same pan Med heat. Add 2T ginger and the garlic. Tossing 2-3min, until soft. Then Add 1 1/2T white wine vinegar and let reduce until vinegar is nearly evaporated. Add 2T chicken stock, 1T soy sauce, & 1T honey. Let Simmer until thickened 2-3min. Remove from heat.

Glaze the chicken and cook snap peas: Return chicken to the pan and coat the glaze on it.

Heat oil over Med heat. Add the snap peas tossing 3-4min, until crisp-tender. Season if you like with salt & pepper.

Sever it all up.

We LOVED it!

Want the recipe? Check out HelloFresh’s Recipe!

I love hearing from you! So, don’t be shy… leave a comment!