Review: Archangel’s Storm (Guild Hunter #5) by Nalini Singh

September 4th 2012
 eBook
 352
 Library

Enter New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh’s darkly beautiful world of archangels and immortal power, as a pact is sealed between two souls bound by blood, stirred by desire, and driven by vengeance…

With wings of midnight and an affinity for shadows, Jason courts darkness. But now, with the Archangel Neha’s consort lying murdered in the jewel-studded palace that was his prison and her rage threatening cataclysmic devastation, Jason steps into the light, knowing he must unearth the murderer before it is too late.

Earning Neha’s trust comes at a price—Jason must tie himself to her bloodline through the Princess Mahiya, a woman with secrets so dangerous, she trusts no one. Least of all an enemy spymaster.

With only their relentless hunt for a violent, intelligent killer to unite them, Jason and Mahiya embark on a quest that leads to a centuries-old nightmare… and to the dark storm of an unexpected passion that threatens to drench them both in blood.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

MyReview03-angelsgp

Archangel’s Storm is book five in the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh. We focus on Jason, the Spymaster and one of Raphael’s Seven. He has been in the shadows since the beginning and we don’t know anything about him, but here Singh reveals many secrets about the Spymaster in a way that demolishes and dazzles.

Jason and Mahiya are both mysteries. I loved the mystery surrounding both of them and the secrets they have. Neither had a good life and Singh delivers these reveals to the reader in spectacular fashion. The romance between Jason and Mahiya was a slow and steady build. This build was true to the characters and their sexual tension just sizzles throughout the pages.

Mahiya, what can I say, only that she is not like Elana, Honor, or Ash (previous heroines). She’s a shy woman showing more vulnerability then the others, but she has her moments of courage and strength. Singh shows these moments in subtle way’s that add to the characters growth.

Archangel’s Storm had some devastating moments, that took my breath away. Their was also no shortage of action and mystery. Something is happening in the world and know one knows how it will play out.

As always Signh delivers a fast-paced action packed read with well developed characters, a world that is vast and every changing, and vivid descriptions that just add to the enjoyment of reading this series. I’m looking forward to pick up the next installment in the Guild Hunter series.

Rated: 4 Stars

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (Paranormal)(Urban Fantasy) | Finish The Series (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/10/review-archangels-storm-guild-hunter-5-by-nalini-singh/#comment-91238