Review: Origins (Alphas, #0.5) by Ilona Andrews

InterMix
 April 19th 2016
 ebook
 157

From Ilona Andrews—#1 New York Times bestselling author of Magic Shifts and the Kate Daniels novels—comes a stark, seductive tale of a world torn asunder by supernatural gifts and irresistible passions...

Karina Tucker is driving a van of children home from a field trip when an unplanned detour to a seemingly ordinary rest stop changes her life. There, she witnesses a world beyond humanity’s sight, of frightful powers and chaos, where she is in death’s grip... before an irresistibly dangerous male saves her—only to take her captive.

For she is a rare commodity in the shadowy realm she’s entered.

Karina soon finds herself caught in a violent civil war where those with inhuman powers strive to destroy each other without mercy. And it becomes all too clear that she must make a choice: submit and become a pawn, or take hold of her own destiny and fight for survival against impossible odds.

Alphas: Origins originally appeared in Angels of Darkness.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

MyReview03-angelsgp

** Read in Angels of Darkness **

I enjoyed this short story. It’s darker then what I’m used to from the Andrews team. It was very interesting and the world is vast. I would love more, maybe a series, but at this time the Andrews team has no plans on writing more in this world/series.

The heroine, she is thrown into a difficult situation and she coupes with it rather well, maybe to well. I enjoyed all the characters introduced. I just felt we needed more. We barely scratch the surface of this new world and the characters.

Alphas: Origins is an intense, stressful, and fast-paced adventure.

Rated 3.5 Stars

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (Paranormal) | New To You (Series) (2016)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2016/10/review-origins-alphas-0-5-by-ilona-andrews